Sign in to follow this  
Bakuranecro

Can we have @autoloot?

Can we have @autoloot?  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Implement @autoloot on the server.

• Yes
    • No

Why is it good?
1) Prevent Stealing
Admit it, it will happen, you will kill a mob and someone is going to take your loot, even maybe a card!

2) Promoves Diversity of Characters.
Most popular chaaracters for grinding are the ones who can AOE (Knight, Wizard), there is another aproach to grinding; single fast killing character (Assassin, Hunter) but withou autoloot those characters are not viable enought therefore less people are going to play those clases.

3) Server Atractiveness UP!!
This will add even more to the list of cool features Ragna0 alredy poses, because if we want something that is more players!

There is a period where others can't pick up that item, after it dropped from a monster you killed.

Does the lack of autoloot make certain classes not viable?

Posted (edited)

Well yes indeed, single target classes such as Hunter.
You need to kill your enemy, walk towards the item and then pick it, meanwhile a Knight mobs and picks several items at once.

We alredy have some comodities (skill/stat point resets, card deatach), I don't think autoloot goes against the spirit of the game.

Greetings.

Edited by Bakuranecro

Not a good idea. Doing:

1) Use 1 shotting skill
2) Flywing to negate all incoming damage
3) Autoloot deposits items into your inventory

Is very overpowered. And in fact.. we also have an infinite flywing available making this all the more broken.

• Like 1

This argument was had already, and it's actually why the GMs got rid of autoloot in favour of arealoot.

As has been mentioned above, autoloot gives ranged classes a big advantage; they don't have to get close to danger at all to get loot.

Arealoot is a good compromise, imo - still fast, but not op.

As for others taking the loot, there's a 9 second loot protection, which is ample time to take it if you want it.

31 minutes ago, uniatrix said:

Maybe getting alootid only, and limiting to only one option? I played a server once that had arealoot + this, was great.

That still enables the "kill and loot without moving" as a hunter if you're only looking for 1 specific item, which is a fairly common practice.

Hi.

A very solid reason why we do not allow autoloot is to prevent "macro users" and potential "afk loot".

Where player's can setup a certain build and keys to autoloot items being afk.

Include other reason stated by other players above.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bakuranecro said:

Most popular chaaracters for grinding are the ones who can AOE (Knight, Wizard), there is another aproach to grinding; single fast killing character (Assassin, Hunter) but withou autoloot those characters are not viable enought therefore less people are going to play those clases.

That's BS.  The most affected classes from the lack of autoloot are the ranged single-target ones, 'cause they would have their loot scattered all around. At least when mobbing you get the whole thing clustered in a single spot and can loot it all with 3 clicks.
I've played Knight, Crusader & Blacksmith, where I would AOE 90% of the time, and never had trouble with looting or thieves.

I would only support such thing (a way to loot quicker and long-range) if it was a chat command to pick-up all stuff around yourself/on your screen, but not full auto. Something like @pickall so the user would have to put it in a macro and press every time they killed a monster. Either that or changing pets' A.I to pick-up loot. This way, at least, they would have to keep their stamina bar up and not go 100% AFK.

21 hours ago, Bakuranecro said:

grimtooth mobbing? trap mobbing? There are more than enough options to make a character viable and fully take advantage of arealoot. I don't mean this as a personal attack, but opinionated threads should really be made by more experienced people.

autoloot completely takes away interaction when leveling/farming, and coupled with infinite flywing to dodge damage your only concern would be SP. hell maybe not even that with a regen roll and a couple blue syrups

that's not even factoring in the absolute shitfest that is afk leveling with autoloot jesus christ. that's a 100% guaranteed way to kill your server, and I'm sure the majority of us have witnessed it firsthand. selfish suggestion, gotta say hard pass

• Like 1

Hi

The commands that we have that affects the game is pretty much decided on Day 1.

This autoloot suggestion did not receive it's support by our community, meaning our core Ragna0 players are for our current setups of the game commands.

I will close this poll now.