Sign in to follow this  
Minato

[Lif Beta] Patch Notes 0.5.2

HEADLINES with no explanation needed: jul3.png.643d4347c15a7fb872c4f32d46fa0461.png

Note: Yeah, we know we said June, but this is the best date we can launch (June 30 is an awkward day) since this is the next weekend and will give us the best leeway for our launch. 😉

Official Patch log for Lif 0.5.2 starting here

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v 

Official Content:
    • Implemented Hugel and fields (with their mobs and portals) around it. (https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Hugel)
        - added official Main / 3 Daily Quests (official is only 10 tokens per daily quest, this was boosted to x3 on our server)
25273.pngHugel Token that is mainly used for new enchants on headgears/equipments for converting into 25274.pngHugel Gift Certificate that is needed on item quests (see our wiki for more information)
        - new zero exclusive headgears that has their own enchants (that requires other old 'quest headgears') are implemented 19419.pngBlack Eremes Scarf 19417.pngRed Clark Kastet [1] 19418.pngBlack Helm of Khalitzburg [1] 19420.pngSkull Hood [1] 19421.pngSkull Hood [1] 19422.pngWitch's Pumpkin Hat [1] 19423.pngLoki's Mask
        - new zero exclusive quest armors are implemented (Ex. 15404.pngGolden Valkyrie's Armor [1]  15397.pngVestment of STR [1] 15391.pngRed Dragon Plate [1]
        - "vestment" line of armors (15397.pngVestment of STR [1]15398.pngVestment of AGI [1]15399.pngVestment of VIT [1]15400.pngVestment of DEX [1]15401.pngVestment of INT [1]15402.pngVestment of LUK [1] ) can be enchanted
        - (reserved space)

• Implemented Odin Temple
        - added odin_tem01, odin_tem02, odin_tem03, odin_past maps
        - added mobs and their drops on their respective maps (Valkyrie Randgris, Frus, Skeggiold, Plasma, etc)
        - added zero exclusive bosses on odin_past (Valkyrie Ingrid and Valkyrie Reginleif) with some exclusive drops ( 19431.pngReginleif's Hairband [1]19432.pngIngrid's Circlet [1] )
        - added zero exclusive mobs on odin_past (Holy Frus, Holy Skogul, Angelic Skeggiold, etc)
        - added 23986.pngOdin's Relic as drops from some mobs on odin_past map
    • Implemented Odin Temple's Zero exclusive memorial instance
        -  added 23986.pngOdin's Relic as drops from some mobs inside the instance
        - easy/normal/hard mode setting (normal will be the "official" difficulty from kRO:Z) *this instance will be further tweaked and tuned
        - using the same mechanics on treasure chest from old memorial instances
        - (reserved space)
        - (reserved space)
    • Implemented Abyss Lake
        - added abyss_01, abyss_02, abyss_03, and abyss_04 maps
        - added mobs and their drops on their respective maps (
Detale, Acidus, Ferus, Ancient Mimic, etc)
        - added zero exclusive boss on
abyss_04 (Bone Detale)
        - added zero exclusive mobs on
abyss_03 and abyss_04 (White Acidus, Pink Ferus, Bone Ferus, Bone Acidus)
        - added 23985.pngDragon's Treasure as drop from zero exclusive mobs and
Detale that lets you obtain item ingredients for Dragon Plates (such as 25761.pngRed Dragon Orb and 25765.pngBig Dragon Bone) and the rest of the Dragon Plate equipment (such as 22208.pngDragon Scale Boots [1] 20946.pngDragon Scale Manteau [1] 32235.pngDragon Ring [1])

• General official additions/changes
        - added official card drops to iz_dun05 mobs
        - added warp on 
yggdrasil01 36 63 so players can go back to Umbala when they enter the Yggdrasil path (QoL)
        - activated Airship NPCs with level restrictions some areas (now the rescue automated event is more realistic....)
        - disabled
Greed skill from Blacksmiths/Whitesmiths as it's pointless (we have @arealoot) and kRO:Zero doesn't have it
        - added Change Cart 2 skill to merchants for more kinds of cart designs

Quests:
    • DWM Quest changes (Prontera Bounty Board Quests: https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Prontera_Bounty_Board)
        - 616.pngOld Card Album are taken out from quests and replaced by refining ores
        - you can now only take 5 kinds of Daily Quests, 3 kinds of Weekly Quests, and 1 kind of Monthly Quest
        - restrictions were placed so players will "think" what they need help with (need leveling? take syrups and BM quests, need more Jellos? take bounties that rewards those instead! need more help in refining? take bounties that rewards ores!)
        - replaced 27095.pngRed Syrup and 27096.pngOrange Syrup on all quests that have it with 27347.pngRed Syrup Box and 27348.pngOrange Syrup Box (quantity unchanged inside the box)
        - more will be added in the future*
        - 6635.pngBlacksmith Blessing taken out completely from their respective quests rewards and replaced with a number of refining ores instead
        - (reserved space)
    • Official Quests/Dailies around the world are now unified
        - quests around midgard will now give out random consumables and a 12208.pngBattle Manual for people not focus on a quest since the rewards were fixed (see https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Prontera or https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Izlude for an example)
    • Yuno daily quests
        - see https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Yuno for a detailed post
    • Hugel daily quests
        - see https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Hugel for a detailed post
    • Eden quests
        - added more champ quests and disabled some monsters that doesn't exist yet
    • Malangdo quests
        - quest rewards are now multiplied by 3

General:
     • Monsters fixes/additions

- added back Christmas Cookie to Toy Factory due to a mistake that it doesn't exist on kRO:Zero
        - added World Boss monsters *further details to follow
        - fixed Deepsea Red Eruma having more defense than all porings combined (1620 def to 620)-
        - Cat 'o Ninetail pet effect finally fixed! 🙄
    • NPC fixes/additions

- added 1000 zeny requirement on every Schr0dinger NPC (Warper NPC)
        - added and fixed War Equipment Enchant NPC (see https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/War_of_Emperium for complete details)
        - added and fixed War Enchant resetter at prt_in 208 160
        - added union introduction quest at prontera 132 187
        - added Duckling NPC at prontera 220 216 *further details on launch
        - added RWC maps
        - added 25633.pngWoE Violet Potion 25634.pngLarge WoE Violet Potion 27327.pngWoE Teleport Scroll 27328.pngMedium Life Potion 27329.pngSmall Life Potion 27330.pngLarge Mdef Potion 27331.pngSmall Mdef Potion 27332.pngLarge Def Potion 27333.pngSmall Def Potion 27334.pngNeuralizer on Battle Supplies shop inside BG (item links for this post will be updated)
        - added Vote for Points NPC at prontera 147 163
        - added union buff icons and consumable buff icons
        - added unique union costumes/items to union shop
        - added Effect Stone Enchanter NPC "Miss Faerie" at prt_in 285 165
        - added zero exclusive Juice Maker NPC at prontera 198 188
        - added some QoL improvement on a beginner quest that needs 2 lunatics killed (2 lunatics will be spawned around the npc right after the first dialogue to ensure quest will be finished even if there are no wabbits)
        - fixed some minor issues on a number of Malangdo Quest NPCs
        - fixed some minor issues on Kingdom Guild quests not giving the x3 rewards on the "first time quest"
        - fixes for Union related NPCs
        - fixed minor issue on Ben NPC on Malangdo
        - fixed Sprakki being scared with the Mafia (critical bug that gives unli exp when all related beginner quests are finished)
        - fixed Captain Caracc's minor gender confusion about his friend Sprakki (dialogue stuff)
        - improved navigation on Knight skill quest "Charge Attack"
        - some updates to Cooking NPC at prt_in 181 24 and added level 6 to 10 cookbooks
        - minor name changes on Transcendent Job NPCs
        - minor script adjustments to Geffen dailies
        - minor script adjustments to quests with Reno
        - minor dialogue adjustments to the announcements inside the airship
        - minor dialogue adjustments to Eden Teleport Officer NPC
        - minor dialogue adjustments to Raspberry NPC (beginner quests)
        - changed syrup items into boxes on Newbie NPCs
        - minor script adjustments on the Intro dialogue/flow from NPCs on the ship (at the very start when creating a new novice)
        - fixed introduction NPC "Luna" forcing you to have a default language channel when you choose to not join any #channel
        - added novending mapflag to odin_past and abyss_04
    • Item fixes/additions

- fixed Charcoal Stove hat (from upper/mid/lower to mid only)
        - fixed selling value of DWM syrups to 20z
        - fixed critical/aspd bonus from some consumables
        - enabled 1530 (Mjolnir) *only the item, more info to follow
        - cooking is completely revamped and made so much easier (ex. from 10pcs requirement, down only to 1)
        - added 26612.pngAngelic Feathers effect stone to 27010.pngAngelic Egg Scroll
    • Instances fixes/additions

- fixed minor issue with instances multiplier
        - 6635.pngBlacksmith Blessing taken completely out of Poring Hard Instance and replaced with Ore Boxes
        - separation of cooldown from different difficulties added to all Poring and Memorial instances
        - fixed critical bug on Culvert and Sunkenship memorial instances wherein if you kill one egg/hydra, Ancient Golden Bug/Stormy Drake will be dead on a single touch
        - DWM instance counter fixed (unlimited rewards claim on 2nd day onwards fix)
    • Achievements

- completely added hundreds of achievements with varying rewards (sample costume rewards: 14741.pngSubject Aura 14831.pngRune Helm19882.pngWitch Manteau)
        - fixed exp bug for achievement rank levels
    • Events fixes/additions

- taken out boss monsters that aren't implemented yet on Disguise NPC for cleanup
        - added new boss monsters for our Disguise NPC to use
        - added 27336.pngRandom Wig Box (1) 27337.pngRandom Wig Box (2) 27338.pngRandom Wig Box (3) 27339.pngRandom Wig Box (4) 27340.pngRandom Wig Box (5) 27341.pngRandom Wig Box (6) 27342.pngRandom Wig Box (7) 27343.pngRandom Wig Box (8) to Jeremy Mini Store

Cash store related:
    • Additions/Changes
        - added 27324.pngPope Egg Scroll as first cash "egg" scroll
        - changed how VIP boxes work with tiered effects 
        - added 27300.pngBronze Chest(30 Days) 27301.pngSilver Chest (30 Days) 27302.pngGolden Chest (30 Days) 27303.pngPlatinum Chest (30 Days) due to above change
        - added 27344.pngPlatinum Chest (90 Days) 27345.pngPlatinum Chest (180 Days) 27346.pngPlatinum Chest (360 Days) due to above change
        - added 6 new individual upper costumes: 14637.pngJormungandr Hat 14677.pngLightning Speed 14699.pngGigant Helm 14822.pngSeraph Helm 14921.pngGram Peony 19644.pngGreater Dracul Horn
        - added exclusive cosmetic effect stones as enchants to upper costumes: 26607.pngSuper Sparks 26611.pngGold Butterflies 26637.pngSapphire Butterflies 26641.pngMeow Souls 26653.pngThunder Dragon 26618.pngBuddha Spirit (https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Effect_Stones)
        - added exclusive cosmetic effect stones as enchants to lower costumes: 26704.pngMagic Circle 26705.pngRainbow Spell 26706.pngPoring Bubbles

==================================

Official Patch log for Lif 0.5.2 ends here

Pending stuff and things to come before official launch:
       - orc memorial instance bug still exists and will be fixed
       - essence pool for T1 Expedition gears QoL update
       - further fine tuning for odin instance
       - *opening event* surprise
       - accumulated vote points on beta will be wiped for a clean fair start, thanks for voting even on beta! We will strive to continue climbing up the rankings!

Pending stuff and things to come after official launch:
       - ranking rewards for blacksmiths/alchemists are yet to be finalized
       - WoE Treasure Chests still cooking
       - aura quest for max level still cooking
       - *censored* blessings (note: not BSB)
       - world boss mechanics/explanation
       - abyss lake official daily quests
       - WoE schedule will be discussed with the community
       - additional items on vote for points
       - Transcendent quests will have its 25430.pngMythril requirement on next major patch (officially it requires 30pcs, on ours, it will be 10pcs)

Next major official content: 
       - Einbroch with related items/mobs/quests/dungeon/new fever field, no ETA for now (http://roz.gnjoy.com/news/update/View.asp?BBSMode=10014&seq=70&curpage=1)

Next minor event/content:
       - "Festival of Neko": exclusive costumes that will only be made available for these series of content coming soon™ near you, no ETA for now

Maybes/no official confirmation:
       - more automated events
       - BSB implementation
       - WoE schedule will be discussed with the community
       - more GM initiated events in game

Bugsmasher from previous 0.5.0 patch:
    • Cat o ninetail pet effect isn't working
        - no matter what we tried, it's not taking effect, will need more time

• Hard mode instances are bugged • Only Orc instance left
        - Stroheim will be taking a look
    • 26809.pngMechanical Wings has sprite errors.
    • Hunter quest on Alt+U not going away.
    • Snow Flake ninja skill is not freezing enemies.
        - might be from the last issue that freeze status was only lasting a second

• Minor Kingdom Guild Quest coin count
        - number of coins given out is questionable

• Enriched ores can still be used on +10~>+11 refine which shouldn't be the case (Still a known issue with no fast fix available)
    • Minor stuff on starter quests
        - navigation, some isolated cases

• Instances cooldown are not yet separated.
    • Second time claiming of rewards of instance quests on DWM are still bugged

Simple launch announcement video to share: (we need 27 more subs to have a customized url, please sub to our channel!)

Current active forum event: JOIN NOW!

For AESIR players that donated: READ! 😉

From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for participating in our open beta, I take this as a total success for our beloved server since the foundations are now laid down to make updates and additions easier in the future. A+ FOR TEAM EFFORT! See you on our launch! SOON™

From your r0 team, 

@Hades @Stroheim @Holly @Minato 😘

Easter egg: Aesir? hmm.......... 🤔

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I'm amazed, this is top notch computer engineering, on low rate RO. It is amazing how much development has gone on the beta (I've been checking).

I look forward on supporting the server monthly, you guys deserve it.

Regarding "ranking rewards for blacksmiths/alchemists are yet to be finalized":

Please dont clear the rankings every month. Instead lower everyones points by 20% or something.

Who would buy a "famous" weapon that next month could be worthless?

It can even enable scam behavior where a blacksmith could stop forging on purpuse to re-buy his own weapons (cheap now that people think the blacksmith abandoned the server), then rank again and resell them.

Edited by zeta27
typo

Hello @zeta27, before I give you a response to your suggestion, do you know how forging weapons work on Zero? If not, could you check this please?

https://www.ragna0.com/wiki/Blessed_Blacksmith_Forging

You see, your suggestion is good if we're a Pre-renewal, however, we are not. 😅

Respond back here, the moment you're done reading that topic on wiki. Thank you! 😉

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, I thought I did. Thanks Minato for such a nice response.

Apparently ranking is relevant only the moment the weapon is created, is that it?

If that's the case, then it's not a huge deal, and I guess it's better to first craft lvl 2 to weapons, then forge lvl 3 once ranked, and stop forging lvl2 until the next reset.

Not a huge deal. Still I have a preference to slowly moving rankings, because there is some weight and excitement in the competition, and a long term stake rather than "rank is hard. meeh, I wont forge, better see if next month the server has less activity" It would end up being kind of a monthly quest where day 1 of each month is the most important day. Also having the top 10 rank with many on 0 points doesn't look cool (as could be the case 6 months down the road).

BTW, I'm planning on having as main an hybrid smith who will use its own weapons and rank reset is GREAT for me, because Im not hardcore and I have never ranked before. My case here is for an in between or middle ground.

But as I said, this is not a huge deal, and I don't know how the system will end up being, so I can't really add anything else 🙂.

Edited by zeta27
clarification

@zeta27 Make sure you to keep up to be one of the Top10s.

You will make good zeny 😉 Such as offering players who give you materials to craft weapons with 5 options for xxx zeny service fee 😉 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:07 AM, zeta27 said:

Hmmm, I thought I did. Thanks Minato for such a nice response.

Apparently ranking is relevant only the moment the weapon is created, is that it?

If that's the case, then it's not a huge deal, and I guess it's better to first craft lvl 2 to weapons, then forge lvl 3 once ranked, and stop forging lvl2 until the next reset.

Not a huge deal. Still I have a preference to slowly moving rankings, because there is some weight and excitement in the competition, and a long term stake rather than "rank is hard. meeh, I wont forge, better see if next month the server has less activity" It would end up being kind of a monthly quest where day 1 of each month is the most important day. Also having the top 10 rank with many on 0 points doesn't look cool (as could be the case 6 months down the road).

BTW, I'm planning on having as main an hybrid smith who will use its own weapons and rank reset is GREAT for me, because Im not hardcore and I have never ranked before. My case here is for an in between or middle ground.

But as I said, this is not a huge deal, and I don't know how the system will end up being, so I can't really add anything else 🙂.

Just wanted to note something, With stat resets you wont need to be Hybrid. You can wait til the reset hits, forge your items to get into the top 5, then forge the items you want to forge. You can then reset your stats back to being PvE focused.