Stroheim

Ragna0 Big Future Plans!

Hi 0nians,

It has been almost a year since our initial launch, and we hope that you enjoyed it.

Our initial aim was to bring the Zero experience to the RO fanbase. However, we found that some changes in Zero mechanics were required to cater for population difference with the actual Zero. While we will release more zero content in future, we may adapt them with player interests in mind.

As for our future, we plan to release a new ragna0 server called 'lif' which will be a Transcendence server (Max Level 120). Marking a new beginning, it also comes with improvement and tweaks to the overall PvE experience. 

We are currently in development of the new server, which will be released as Open Beta for a week or two to test the new features (wipe new server, lif before release).

The existing server will be called 'aesir' and will receive regular event patches.
Website registration will be disabled (in future will be reenabled for 'lif'.)

For those who stayed and kept believing in us, we owe it to you guys. Rest assured that we'll keep on improving the experience!

The following are our plans for the new server 'Lif':

General
    •    Exp Rates: 
        o    5/5/3 
    •    Penalty
        o    Level-difference penalty (upper & lower)
        o    No item drop penalty
    •    Death Penalty:
        o    Reduced from 10% to 5%

Newbie Friendly
    •    in-depth Tutorial on Zero Features & Server Features
    •    Navigation to crucial Town NPCs
        o    Quest NPCs (Union, Kingdom, Dailies)
        o    Crafting NPCs
        o    Prontera Castle
    •    Command to check info on mob amount & location    
    •    First Aid Kit content revamp (Newbie friendly package)
    •    Kingdom Coin boosts (For newbie QoL improvement)
    •    Higher availability of Battle manuals (thru events)
    •    Daily Gacha (Lottery)
        o    UniqueID based
        o    Includes rare items (CE, OCA, Refinement Ore)
        o    Buff Potions, Healing items

MvP Ranking (Weekly)
    •    MvP options buffed (more common 3 options)
    •    Points per MvP kill:
        o    Instance MvP excluded    
        o    Weekly Ranking rewards (claimable via NPC)

Instance
    •    Separate ‘Easy, Normal, Hard’ modes for all Zero instances
    •    Separate CD for all 3 modes (this is to not waste a day and improve time-gated gear progression)
    •    Weekly Instance Ranking (fastest completion)

Alchemist/Blacksmith Ranking
    •    Reset monthly
    •    rewards to top 10 monthly

PvP/BG/WoE    
PvP

•    Part of hourly event rotation
    •    Announcer
    •    Weekly PvP ranking & rewards for rank obtained
BG
    •    Minimum 3/4/4 (KvM/Flav/Tierra) to begin
    •    Happy hours (2x Rewards)
    •    BG Shop
WoE
    •    To release within 1-2 weeks of server reopen
    •    WoE Point for participating

Refinement
    •    To improve obtainability of +7 gears
    •    To introduce Blacksmith Blessing 
    •    Revisit cost of Enriched & HD ores
    •    Refinement Events (rate increase)
    •    retaining +4 safe limit

Daily Weekly Monthly Quests
    •    Hunting, Item collection, Instance completion
    •    Daily Rewards: Exp (BM), Refinement Ores, 
    •    Weekly: Equipment
    •    Monthly: CE, OCA, etc

Zelstar
    •    Zelstar Pouch (random 10-20 Zelstars)
    •    Higher drop rate from champions:
        o    1-40: 15% Zelstar Pouch
        o    40-70: 20% Zelstar Pouch
        o    70+: 25% Zelstar Pouch
    •    Drop from MvPs
        o    Normal-Easy MvPs: 1x100% Zelstar Pouch
        o    Normal-Med MvPs: 1x100%, 1x50%  Zelstar Pouch
        o    Normal-Hard MvPs: 1x100%, 1x50%, 1x50% Zelstar Pouch
        o    Fever MvPs: 3x75% Zelstar Pouch
        o    Instance MvPs (none)
    •    Obtained at high cost/random from the following:
        o    Events
        o    PvP
        o    BG
        o    WoE
        o    Quests
        o    Attendance

Union:
    •    Union token boost
    •    Better navigation
    •    Darkness Shadow related NPCs to move to Morocc
    •    Union shop items

Events:
    •    New event every 2 weeks
    •    Hourly Events to include PvP (mentioned above)
    •    Addition of new hourly events

Achievement System
    •    Account based
    •    Better rewards

Others
    •    Max level aura quest
    •    Zero crafting material adjustment
    •    Expedition Equipment enchant cost reduction
    •    Channels for PvP, BG, Events, Instance (able to join/leave)

•    ...More details soon!

Cash Shop        
    •    50% battle manuals from hunting pack will be replaced by the 100% ones
    •    Costume eggs containing random content
        o    Costumes, Buff Potions
    •    Individual cash-shop-only costumes
    •    Consumables (High cost, Account bound)
    •    All Cash Shop items (except CE) will be obtainable ingame.

If you have any feedback, you're welcomed to share it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Could we get a reason why you aren't applying this trans patch to the current server? Aiming a bit too high if two servers need to be managed. 

Edit: I imagine the advertisement of a "new zero-based trans server" sounds really appealing to new players and I'm sure it'd be a good marketing point but I don't see why you can't just advertise the current server as-is but now with trans.

Edited by Orduna

Posted (edited)

2 servers now? Sounds like "Aesir" will be gone to oblivion, at least let us existing players transfer our accounts to the new server

Or at the very least go more in depth in "Event patches". Does this mean there will be no more content for the current server?

Just for the record I have an idea on how to keep actual players:

1. Account transfer (even if its delayed 2 months after the new server's opening to allow other people to "catch up")

2. 1 character transfer with a Full Inventory Item limit (100 different items)

Edited by JPO
  • Like 2

Can't the Aesis server create new registrations? Or will this be fixed in the future?

Please release the registration for the Aesis server only class 2, I really hate trans and I prefer something more old times.

This is so frustrating. All this time with ZERO information about what is going on, keeping us in the dark, just to make a wipe-non-wipe move and keep the old one as a dead museum. Why not simply implement this improvements in the old one?? Why not enable the old players to move at least their items to this new one? It wasn#t even clear if the registration would openm again for the so caleld 'aesir' now, it mentions it will be reenabled for 'lif'. Even if it opens again, this strategy is gonna kill of the old server until you find a reason to just remove it. As someone who invested so many hours and believed in the future of the server, stayed with you guys, tested, donated, helped new players, I feel betrayed.

I hope you haven't completely thrown out the idea of a merge or of an account migration... I can't speak for the others but I am not going to start playing in this new server (and thers no reason to continue on 'aesir'), and I know that a couple of friends who were also playing constantly in ragna0 won't either. 

I do agree with the frustration many here have.

My opinion for the server as a whole:

I don't think the current server is that hard. The mechanics are awesome, but indeed it need a few tweaks to make some things more feasible for a lower population and still be good on its expansion.

Moreover, you can't simply let down of the ones who stuck around for so long. Many players here encouraged and helped new players by partying, doing quest together very often, running instances that were and are dead.

Not having a wipe but having a slow death is no different. It would have been better to just say there would be indeed a wipe and period. Poor Holly went through all the trouble to defend the staff and all. We all believed that all our TIME INVESTED would be kept in a server that would still have a potential future, and not be thrown in a dead-end server where no one will bother to play anymore knowing it has no future. If I understood well, the current server won't be getting any new player because the registrations to this one are forever closed and won’t be getting any serious updates neither, apart from events.

Don’t get me wrong. The features of the new server look awesome and amazing. The new forger and alchemist raking will be a never-ending exciting battle. The PvP/BG/WoE seems promising. To don’t mention the rest.

But don’t forget to be fair to the ones who stayed faithfully through the hard winter amidst all the adversities and odds. We don’t need to keep a server that will only function as a Museum to remember “the glory of the past” and visit it from time to time for nostalgic purposes. We need something to keep our progression. If the new server will be “easier” for the casual players and not so “hardcore”, why not permit a transfer of accounts? A merge?

New players will have a rapid progression, will be able to catch up in no time. Old players will keep all the efforts and time invested, and will be able to still enjoy the game with even more features. Just don’t throw all our TIME invested after giving all of us hope, even if the new server looks amazing.

Why would many of us keep playing or have joined knowing it would all be gone thrown away? Why to give expectations of NO WIPE and finish to make a covert wipe? It would have been better to be transparent and had the balls to say it right away. Don’t give hope to take it away or to don’t do anything to meet that expectation.

=> Enable account transfer. It’s not unfair advantage since the new one will be easier following the features stated. Most of the veteran players I’ve seen so far that are “well geared” have maximum expedition gear III +9. And as some mentioned (Juan I believe), only a handful have Expedition I. People on the new server will catch up to that in no time, especially it being a “soft version” of the previous zero server.

Speaking for my own:

I don’t even have expedition gear III and I can solo Magma 2 pretty good. But I don’t want to see my TIME invested been thrown away, even less to keep that progression in a Museum server that won’t be of any use. I can make screenshots for that matter.

I want to keep playing my freaking account and chars. I don’t want to start over specially after have been reassured SO MANY TIMES that there wouldn’t have any type of wipe. What is happening is no different from a wipe. What I am basically saying is that I want to be able to keep my progress but in a server that has a future. If I wanted to play alone, I would be playing something else.

Don’t let your players down. Even getting awesome features in a new server version, it’s still letting people down after stating so many times that there wouldn’t be any wipes. Why on earth would people keep playing, farming, breaking gear knowing it would all be in vain? I think nobody will log till this situation is cleared. If what you wanted was just a thick player base, congratulations the new server will probably get it. But everyone here knows that a huge mass of them are volatile and I don’t even need to explain why.

I would have spared my time and frustration doing something else. Especially we’re not kiddos in their teens anymore, most of us are in the case of the 30’s, and I think that we deserve some stability and respect, especially on the time invested here, and for some money as well.

The Communication the Staff has with the community as whole must change. It’s not the first time it is mentioned, and it won’t be the last. You can’t simply state there won’t be any wipe, and at the same time force the players to start over again because the actual server is sentenced to death. You can’t promise weekly patches, and don’t give them.

No more secrecy, be more transparent and communicate for God’ sake. Don’t let people who are faithful to you in the dark.

And if you do a testing phase to have a wipe after, do that with insane xp/drop rates, free resets, so the testing with refining, with random and endgame equipment, with different mechanics and game classes can be done in a free headache state. You are going to have your feedback and bugs tracking fast and people will have a better idea to what strive for in game once the real launch is done.

Reiterating: A merge or accounts migration is required. Whatever it is, do it. Many players stayed around, some idled waiting for news just to come back. Don’t let this player base down, you are here today thanks to them, thanks to us. Don’t make your Big Announcement be a source of global frustration and discontentment, make it be for the better of the server and its community.

PS: Don't make all this waiting and sacrifice a 6 months long beta as Lukien stated, it would be very ugly. It should have been cleared a long time with some balls.

Thank you

• Like 2

Where to start... this is a question of integrity. As a player, like many others, who has regularly donated to the server to support what I believed was a server run by GMs who actually gave a damn and repeatedly told players “we won’t wipe”. Let’s face it, this is a wipe, no matter how you look at it. I like many others have invested more hours into this server then I would like to admit. This is like a smack in the face. 

Not only does this shed light on the fact as to why we haven’t received a significant patch in months, but many of the suggestions for improvements will be implemented into this new server. If r0 was a beta it should have been advertised as such, cause let’s face it that’s what it was. Instead the server was advertised as a progression server which would receive regular updates and regular content patches. 

For the past 3 months the GMs have gone silent. And now come out with “we are starting a new server, sorry to those on the previous server you wont receive updates”. Who is to say this same thing won’t occur to the new server if/when it sees a dip in the playerbase? What assurances can the GMs give? And at that point why would we believe them because we’ve been told several times this server wouldn’t wipe and would continue getting content regardless of playerbase. 

Thats it for me, I have lost faith in the GMs and won’t be playing on the new server and I hope those who supported the previous one are compensated for the money they have put into it to keep this server going but lets be realistic, there is no reason to believe this new server won’t see the same fate. 

Its a damn shame...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Excellent idea. This old server is over, no one more plays it and new players wont play a 1 year server with 60 players online... The new server is a good idea, ansious for it

8 hours ago, elmmmA said:

Excellent idea. This old server is over, no one more plays it and new players wont play a 1 year server with 60 players online... The new server is a good idea, ansious for it

60 ahahahahahah You're been too kind there ahahahahaha lmao

People are complaining for no reason at all, i have been logging on to this server for the last 3 days a the maximum amount off players i have seen was something about 8 players online. If this server has 8 players online in the middle of a pandemic i don't feel like arguing about that matter anymore.

My 2 cents regarding the wipe: i played this server for almost 2 months straight, got 2 99 characters and some others 9Xs, been part of the best guilds at that time, played every single event available, played intances, made my fair share of money and rare drops and the only thing that i have to say is that the server doesn't even have content to keep the player base active (been proven multiple times), the people complaining about the wipe are the lazy ones that can't keep up with the community to be competitive or relevant so the only way to reach any sense of self acomplishment is to have advantages over the rest.

• Like 1

damn! xD
I haven't played in a while but I've kept track of updates that have been largely irrelevant.

It is sad to see that instead of improving the main server, they will simply put it aside and start a new project.
because who the hell is going to want to keep playing on the current server when the new one is going to have what most of us have been waiting for months?

it just doesn't make sense.

good luck with that.
PD: un-ban me from discord LOL

• Like 1

Somehow it feels sad that everything we said in the beginning just became true, lets see what the fanboys are saying now to us. Glad we jump out of the ship a lot sooner than everyone else

Posted (edited)

This new server will be great! I've tried to come back to the old server and couldnt find + than 5 players online ... One of them had a full set of Op equips +9. Since i dont have that much time to play the game, the new server experience seems like way more fun for me.

☢️ Would be great if we could get all the info about how the classes got reworked; with formulas and such.

Tnx.

Edited by Aobozu

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, romin890 said:

People are complaining for no reason at all, i have been logging on to this server for the last 3 days a the maximum amount off players i have seen was something about 8 players online. If this server has 8 players online in the middle of a pandemic i don't feel like arguing about that matter anymore.

My 2 cents regarding the wipe: i played this server for almost 2 months straight, got 2 99 characters and some others 9Xs, been part of the best guilds at that time, played every single event available, played instances, made my fair share of money and rare drops and the only thing that i have to say is that the server doesn't even have content to keep the player base active (been proven multiple times), the people complaining about the wipe are the lazy ones that can't keep up with the community to be competitive or relevant so the only way to reach any sense of self accomplishment is to have advantages over the rest.

Lol if you caught 8 players online after the "Big Announcement" that was still a lot. Laziness I think is to push it too much. And as you could experience yourself, it wasn't that hard to lvl or to get some basic stuff.

Why would people still play knowing the server won't get any updates or get any registrations (forever or temporary? it wasn't clear)?

I get what you mean, at least part of it, but I think you missed a huge point here that's very important.
Not the wipe itself anymore, it's already covertly done unless things get more clear. But what is at stake is the plan simple lack of communication and community management that was shown.
The GM's themselves were never on. How do you want to people to never feel abandoned ? A card drop rate presence on discord is not enough. What about in-game presence ?

If that happened with a pretty small community, why would it be any different with the huge community that is expected to come ?
Simply let 500+ players alone by themselves and come back each 3 months to see how is it going?

Everyone wanted new players, new content and specially bug fixes. Even the fact of losing everything could have been better introduced, better explained or discussed. But what simply happened was a one sided decision and statement without any further info after having let everyone with high hopes.

But if they at least keep the server as mentioned, open registrations again, get the bug fixes and tweaks necessary for a low population (drop rates of core materials like jellos, instances, bg runs, price of bg equipment, etc), but not adding new content except the events as they say, it's possible some people come back. OR even a new population that doesn't like Trans classes would possibly come. But it's a lot of "ifs", most of the old players got deluded and lost hope, and not sure people will be able to join the so called "corrupt server with edited chars".

Edited by Kyndeyern

I think Lif announcement was too early. You guys should at least introduce transclass update on Aesir to see how it turns out before move on to another project. Everybody that played on Aesir were expecting transclass update, that's one of the reason why people would still play it even though the population wasn't high, and I bet a lot of people that stopped playing it were looking for it too.

Also, why should a veteran player start playing Lif, specially without any kind of reward for beta testing Aesir for a whole year? When Hades said last year there would have no wipe, and he would still update the server despite population numbers. That's one of the reasons I continued playing ragna0 and giving info about zero, even without receiving any meaninful update (last meaninful update was zelstar on January), postponed patches, and buggy events.

Anyway, I don't think it matters now. Lif was already introduced and it has most of things that we wanted to have on Aesir. 

Also, just shut down Aesir. Everybody that played there were expecting updates, and it's pretty much confirmed that it won't get updates anymore.

Why shut down?

1. We were expecting updates, but it's not reality anymore.

2. Zero is like renewal. People don't play renewal servers that don't receive new updates.

3. Legacy/Classic? server solution. Why would people play a dead classic server, if they can just play classic mode on Lif?

here a list with differences between trans zero and current renewal:

-No rebirth (instead go to lvl 100+)
-aspd formula
-random affixes
-unique instances
-exclusive gear
-unique quests
-no 3th job content (instead is adapted to trans lvl like some high lvl instances, odin shrine, abyss lake 4, bio 4, etc)
-fever fields

the skill re-balance is already up in the current renewal since a year, some servers have it but it sucks because the 3th class (except sharp shooting, thats broken).

if you want to test things, go to the most populated renewal pservers at the moment (dont want to say names) and do it.

On 05/04/2020 at 02:38, JPO said:

2 servidores agora? Parece que "Aesir" será esquecido, pelo menos vamos jogadores existentes transferir nossas contas para o novo servidor

Ou pelo menos vá mais fundo em "Patches de eventos". Isso significa que não haverá mais conteúdo para o servidor atual?

Só para constar, tenho uma ideia de como manter jogadores reais:

1. Transferência de conta (mesmo que demore 2 meses após a abertura do novo servidor para permitir que outras pessoas "se atualizem")

2. Transferência de 1 caractere com um limite de Item de inventário completo (100 itens diferentes)

he cannot transfer accounts or anything, because unfortunately the server has a bad reputation, rumors of players with edited characters or items, so it would make sense to transfer accounts or items unfortunately, and the players he mentioned want to play heard these rumors and will not enter the game if they have transfers, there is no evidence about these things, but as people do not want to take chances

1 hour ago, DanteSMT said:

he cannot transfer accounts or anything, because unfortunately the server has a bad reputation, rumors of players with edited characters or items, so it would make sense to transfer accounts or items unfortunately, and the players he mentioned want to play heard these rumors and will not enter the game if they have transfers, there is no evidence about these things, but as people do not want to take chances

That makes not sense at all. Making a new server with the same Staff team doesn't solve those rumours.

I don't think those rumours are true at all, but if they are, what would stop them of doing it on the new server? 

Posted (edited)

Go mid rates, server lifespawn is too short to waste time farming for a build you never gonna use because when you finally get it server is alredy dead.

Greetings.

Edited by Bakuranecro