Sign in to follow this  
Minato

State Of The Game I

About BG and WoE, i think good rewards would help it. Maybe enrich/hd ori and elu by BG badges (not too easy, but the enough to be attractive) and a small bg, like 3v3 would help. For woe rewards, you should add bag of zelstar, more OCA, a bit of ores too, jello stones or anything that could be attractive but no too overpower.

About MvPs, i dont know, its harder, need to think more to find a solution.

About the instances, maybe a very hard mode with really good drops with 1 week cooldown, would be really nice.

The difference about here and kRO:Zero is: WoE and the episode. The WoE there are really more attractive with the possibility to do godly items and better rewards. And the transclass episode have a bunch more end game instances and contents

Okay so I was originally going to make a topic talking about various problems I've seen discussed on discord, how they were handled, the cause, and possible solutions. Since this topic popped up I'm gonna save my time and instead focus on one point (unless people really want me to write a multi page paper).

Professionalism

GMs, HR, any other official roles in a server are and should be held to a higher standard.

Topic not about r0? Sure talk normally. That doesn't mean you have license to do anything (shouldn't be making fun off people, being inappropriate, and other such PR nightmares). Your actions on the PUBLIC discord server representing YOUR ACTUAL SERVER are representative of how the server is managed and the community you are trying to foster.

Topic involving: Updates, possible changes, timeline of patches/updates, known issues, etc.

Should be done in an official matter, not a single person on the team should be jumping to answer anything until its official. All these topics should also be presented in a CLEAR and STABLE way so that people have ready access and understand the who/what/when/where/why of things. I suggest creating an area on the discord for official announcements, then using this area post such information in an organized post and then link it in there. DO NOT HAVE THESE DISCUSSIONS ON DISCORD. Direct people to forum topics. Official statements on how the server functions and plans for it shouldn't be haphazardly discussed in an unorganized and volatile location such as discord. People see conflicting messages from the server team? Time to turn around and leave because it leaves the impression of a disorganized and unstable server.

Someone have a suggestion that doesn't work? Confer and then explain WHY, have people understand why instead of just saying no. Don't just say maybe or its possible in response to a suggested change. All suggestions should be directed to a forum post so it can be addressed in an organized fashion. 

Discord is not a place for professional discussion. There shouldn't be massive debates in the middle of discord, flooding it and giving bad impressions. Set up a private group and talk about it or, better yet, take it to the forums.

Summary: You guys need a PR manager or something because I feel like its an every other day thing that someone has a foot in mouth moment. Find someone articulate that has the patience for professionalism and have pretty much all the announcements go through them. That way you don't have people saying conflicting information, jumping the gun, or rubbing people the wrong way and all the official information is organized, visible, and accessible.

This is what I was afraid about. Your reply shows that you don't understand what professionalism is. Not once did you address the fact that the server is being called out on the main topic I layed out for you. From all your replies, I can also tell that you took all of it as flame because not once did you take criticism. I was not looking for an apology. All the posts underneath my original post weren't looking for apologies. This is a matter of how I, and apparently some that surprisingly agreed with me, see how you guys are handling the server. I don't give a fuck if you are "sorry not sorry" and honestly, if I were a new player and seeing how you responded to all the topics, I would cringe.

I'll cut to the chase because you guys haven't even responded to 90% of the posts here and took a whole day for one.

I've responded that it can't be touched since it was a core mechanic of Zero and we were against all changes that will touch these core mechanics, and I was strongly against this change myself, but in the end, got "out-voted" for this change to be implemented. Nothing can be done by myself when I'm the only one against it. Miscommunication, sure, a little bit but again, even if I knew firsthand that changing core mechanics of Zero itself is on the table, I'll still respond that it can't be touched since it will change game mechanics and I am still strongly against it, but addressed to Hades and Stroheim and not the topic starter.

Refining Thread - Nice, you're just going to keep confusing the people about your views v Hades + other GMs views. If you are going to address Hades and Stroheim and not the topic starter, then why would you post in the topic at all? I feel like you guys should really be in a voice call or atleast a group discord where you guys can discuss this freely.

For this part, it is open-ended because we are still checking up on how the community receives it and how badly it is needed, and if it's not closed.  It's not over and won't be implemented until we say otherwise. We can't accept/decline yet on that time when Hades responded, so that reply was made to ensure that we are checking on things. Apologies if it's not the way you guys view it.

Card Recycling Thread - I was hoping Hades would respond to this one and possibly change how he handles suggestions. But since you are answering for him here, instead of saying "this sounds interesting" or "this is possible", why doesn't he put what you put? Here let me give you an example of how you just answered me but instead towards a suggestion. "Thanks for the suggestion! We will be looking at how the community receives it and how badly it is needed. We're currently checking on this but this is definitely doable development-wise."

It's done like that due to system limitations, that's why it's a quick decline from Hades. We do this as fast as we can if we knew it can't be done. Again, like the above concern, until we close it and say it's not possible, consider it on pending status. (for the refining part, I said it's not possible since it WAS not possible, didn't know it changed, again, slight miscommunication on that part, apologies on this one)

Guild Dungeon Thread - This is how I know you guys don't communicate. Another player brought this up to Hades and he himself said that he will correct it and he thought the same way on how the mapflag works on guild dungeon. Proof.

This was done on our personal discord AND NOT ON r0 DISCORD. That's all I can say, and you don't even know the background story of it, so I guess I'm sorry but I am not sorry on this one. Chat taken out of context and was the best the "SPY FROM A BR GUILD" can get. I can get you worse screenshots than that if you like? No? Okay...

Discord Image 1 - "This was done on our personal discord AND NOT ON r0 DISCORD". That's all you can say? You are not sorry for that one? Thank god I'm not BR because I would be fucking fuming right now. Also, there are worse screenshots? Oh God, thanks for letting the whole server know. Like I said, separate Discord for GMing, separate Discord for shitposting. It not only preserves the server's image, it also preserves yours. My apologies if it was in a personal Discord and not the RO Buddies Guild Discord (where people joined and looked for other r0 people to play with).

What's wrong with it? We are all adults here, and I'm not sure what's wrong with it tbh. Besides, if you had a problem with it, you could've asked one of us to change the name of it. Again, sorry not sorry.

Discord Image 2 - Like I said, haha xd. Professionalism.

I'm like this to him since he's also on the personal discord group that I was in, again, you're grasping at face value information. Sorry if you didn't know and it's taken out of context.

Discord Image 3 - Grasping face value information. Got it. Thanks for letting me know. Now lets just see how else everyone else will see how you answer these questions on Discord that hasn't read this post or doesn't know you at all.

Were you sure that Hades' response was for that question? And for not anything else? The chat is cropped, so it can be taken out of context. Sorry but you can't use that for argument's sake. Thanks!

Discord Image 4 - "The chat is cropped, so it can be taken out of context". All the chats are cropped man. Anything can be taken out of context. This specific response shows that you don't even want to bother looking it up yourself and would just resort to saying "Sorry but you can't use that for argument's sake". You can only say that when you have proven my argument is out of context. Proof that you should've looked up yourself. Pre-text & Post-text Thanks!

Reddit - Wait, I thought you were answering for Hades? You left this one out. 😮

I love this server, by no means am I trying to destroy it. I am trying to make it to the point that people like Senkrad and I and all those who liked and agreed with my post, should not feel this way. Also, I may have generalized GMs and the other people who read this that are involved in the Server/Discord somehow, but I do want to acknowledge that professionalism does exist in the GM staff. Special shoutout to @Steph and @Stroheim for being level-headed when it comes to portraying the server.

Edited by Ihsan
Added quotes to ease reader's sense of conversation since my OP was in page 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, elmmmA said:

About BG and WoE, i think good rewards would help it. Maybe enrich/hd ori and elu by BG badges (not too easy, but the enough to be attractive) and a small bg, like 3v3 would help. For woe rewards, you should add bag of zelstar, more OCA, a bit of ores too, jello stones or anything that could be attractive but no too overpower.

About MvPs, i dont know, its harder, need to think more to find a solution.

About the instances, maybe a very hard mode with really good drops with 1 week cooldown, would be really nice.

The difference about here and kRO:Zero is: WoE and the episode. The WoE there are really more attractive with the possibility to do godly items and better rewards. And the transclass episode have a bunch more end game instances and contents

basically something enchanting to players so they can do something other than grinding materials alone just to see it breaks. For PvM parts, I have some kind of ideas:

1. MVP can drop more items for upgrading materials and Headgear. For example, Eddga drops King Tiger Dool (that can be made into a custome) and so on. For upgrading materials, A random gift box would dropped and/or gifted to the players who killed it, and it can be opened into consumables, upgrading materials, or anything enchanting. And make them tradeable.  But to avoid monopolization, need to revamp the MVP grieving rules. I don't know if its possible, but make the damage calculation to get MVP title accumulative for every player in the party. Or, make a special map where you can actually PK. 

2. A week reset cooldown (just like endless tower) instance that challenging, encourages group plays, and giving rewards. 

3. Weekly event by the GM? I play this server since the launch, and barely see any event held by the GM that could actually encourages people to play in different way. 

Just asking, are the staffs even know what endgame of kro zero going? Don't they have an account on official kro zero? Are they know what are they copying?

I am just gonna leave it here, since it was ignored back then.

Edited by Andrew
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for the honest feedback guys.

We are going through the points mentioned and discuss internally before announcing our decisions.

So please give us some time before we respond to the points raised.

*You can still reply to this topic as we are monitoring it

Edited by Stroheim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Stroheim said:

Thank you for the honest feedback guys.

We are going through the points mentioned and discuss internally before announcing our decisions.

So please give us some time before we respond to the points raised.

*You can still reply to this topic as we are monitoring it

PROFESSIONALISM 

Thanks for the reply, none of us was even sure anyone was still monitoring this

I think woe need to be shut down and then release when we have a least 4 healthy guilds, keeping updating the game, and make the community grow.

it's hard to believe that  the people just dont going woe cuz they dont get zelstar, enriched & 10 ocas every time.

If no one it's going to BG, that only tells there’s no people aiming to get pvp equipment, lowering the needed people to start BG  comes with the problem that someone just exploit them, doing fake & fast BG with 5 friends for easy medals.

• Like 1

@Ihsan

Refining Thread - Nice, you're just going to keep confusing the people about your views v Hades + other GMs views. If you are going to address Hades and Stroheim and not the topic starter, then why would you post in the topic at all? I feel like you guys should really be in a voice call or atleast a group discord where you guys can discuss this freely.

This is the answer to your query, "...even if I knew firsthand that changing core mechanics of Zero itself is on the table, I'll still respond that it can't be touched since it will change game mechanics and I am still strongly against it, but addressed to Hades and Stroheim and not the topic starter." On my first response itself.

Card Recycling Thread - I was hoping Hades would respond to this one and possibly change how he handles suggestions. But since you are answering for him here, instead of saying "this sounds interesting" or "this is possible", why doesn't he put what you put? Here let me give you an example of how you just answered me but instead towards a suggestion. "Thanks for the suggestion! We will be looking at how the community receives it and how badly it is needed. We're currently checking on this but this is definitely doable development-wise."

You're grasping at imperfections of a person. You can't blame a person if he responded like that. Again, a response is a response, a response from us, even how short, meant that we've taken notice. With or without an ETA, we would be discussing it if feasible or not, good for the server or not, etc.

Guild Dungeon Thread - This is how I know you guys don't communicate. Another player brought this up to Hades and he himself said that he will correct it and he thought the same way on how the mapflag works on guild dungeon. Proof.

It's not like we don't communicate, maybe he thought firsthand that it can be done, and when he saw that there are system limitations in place that we can't change, that's the time he declined the suggestion. Why do you guys always think that we are Gods that can make things always happen, this is a 18+ year old game.

Discord Image 1 - "This was done on our personal discord AND NOT ON r0 DISCORD". That's all you can say? You are not sorry for that one? Thank god I'm not BR because I would be fucking fuming right now. Also, there are worse screenshots? Oh God, thanks for letting the whole server know. Like I said, separate Discord for GMing, separate Discord for shitposting. It not only preserves the server's image, it also preserves yours. My apologies if it was in a personal Discord and not the RO Buddies Guild Discord (where people joined and looked for other r0 people to play with).

No I am not sorry. It's not for your eyes, it's not for everyone's eyes. It was captured illegally, and when people will go to great lengths just to capture these stuff, you gotta ask the question "WHY?", did it ever cross to you, why would they go to such great lengths to just get a screenshot of that? Maybe not, since you're still pinpointing it here. And no, other BRs wouldn't care, they saw the screenshot and said nothing of it, you're just making a big deal out of it. And yes there are worse, not coming from me, but involved. And these are meant as a joke. And again, not for your eyes, and not for anyone's eyes. Maybe the mistake was for letting someone we didn't really knew inside the RO Buddies Discord (I called it personal discord since that's where we chat, and woah there, you knew what discord I meant, kudos!) I do admit that I should've created another discord for that but WHO KNEW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WILLING TO INVADE/SPY A DISCORD GROUP WHERE WE SAY SHIT THINGS TO EACH OTHER, AND NOT CARE ABOUT STUFF right? You gotta ask yourself why though.

Discord Image 2 - Like I said, haha xd. Professionalism.

*facepalm* x100

Discord Image 3 - Grasping face value information. Got it. Thanks for letting me know. Now lets just see how else everyone else will see how you answer these questions on Discord that hasn't read this post or doesn't know you at all.

Sure thing. Because I don't answer like that to people who I don't really know. You can check on my chat logs on our discord and ask newbies how I answer and talk to them. Again, using face value information as a fact and not getting the entire picture.

Discord Image 4 - "The chat is cropped, so it can be taken out of context". All the chats are cropped man. Anything can be taken out of context. This specific response shows that you don't even want to bother looking it up yourself and would just resort to saying "Sorry but you can't use that for argument's sake". You can only say that when you have proven my argument is out of context. Proof that you should've looked up yourself. Pre-text & Post-text Thanks!

Burden of proof is on you since you're the one that wants to prove that the "eh?" response by Hades was for the question above, could you show the screenshot above it then? You only showed the one below. Thanks.

Reddit - Wait, I thought you were answering for Hades? You left this one out. 😮

I don't have anything to respond to this since I can't call it bashing. Even the people who commented on that post doesn't have any response to the "bashing". Not sure why you called it that way, how about calling it an opinion based on a player? He said he played it, you only saw it as "bashing" since you knew Hades from here, outside, he's just another player.

cc: @Hades

17 hours ago, Andrew said:

basically something enchanting to players so they can do something other than grinding materials alone just to see it breaks. For PvM parts, I have some kind of ideas:

1. MVP can drop more items for upgrading materials and Headgear. For example, Eddga drops King Tiger Dool (that can be made into a custome) and so on. For upgrading materials, A random gift box would dropped and/or gifted to the players who killed it, and it can be opened into consumables, upgrading materials, or anything enchanting. And make them tradeable.  But to avoid monopolization, need to revamp the MVP grieving rules. I don't know if its possible, but make the damage calculation to get MVP title accumulative for every player in the party. Or, make a special map where you can actually PK. 

2. A week reset cooldown (just like endless tower) instance that challenging, encourages group plays, and giving rewards. 

3. Weekly event by the GM? I play this server since the launch, and barely see any event held by the GM that could actually encourages people to play in different way. 

Just asking, are the staffs even know what endgame of kro zero going? Don't they have an account on official kro zero? Are they know what are they copying?

I am just gonna leave it here, since it was ignored back then.

Hi @Andrew, thanks for your input.

1. I'm not sure if this is feasible if you meant an upper headgear with item effects (King Tiger Doll) to be dropped by Eddga? Or was it just an etc item doll? I do have some ideas regarding additional MVP drops, and also for the revamp of the forgotten box we have that is currently useless. 

"but make the damage calculation to get MVP title accumulative for every player in the party" - meaning, MVP would be for the damage done by the party and not by just one player? it could be good but not sure if it's feasible, since it'll require editing or restructuring of source codes. Though it's a good idea tbh. Could you list out pros and cons for this? Thanks!

cc: @Mirei - is this feasible? 🤔

2. I've asked @Hades and @Stroheim about custom instances as early as November last year, and I think it wasn't on the table back then, maybe now it can be done, I do have ideas on this one, since I've done a lot of custom content/ideas from my server years ago. Let's see what could be done.

3. I've also mentioned to Hades about a Prize Giver NPC, that logs every item that it gives out, effectively having me (or another Event Focused GM in the future) to host some GM-initiated events. I'll revive this talk with them.

End-game content for an MMO resides on what the current episode give out. In here, our end game is to effectively get items and somehow farm the hardest open dungeons available at the moment. (That would be magma 3 and juperos at the moment I think?) And RO itself has WoE/BG as an endgame content, on pre-renewal, they gear for WoE and PVP. In here with Zero, there are uncanny similarities with Diablo, (this is my view only and not a fact) it's to get the best possible items on every slot for your class, and when a new episode comes in (new equipments, new instances, new items), the cycle restarts. That's just me though.

Thoughts about endgame on kRO:Zero, @Hades, @Stroheim?

For that white syrup part, sigh, that closing remark posted by Hades doesn't hold water now due to the +4 safe refine update. I'd leave that to him.

8 hours ago, Mexican Spank said:

I think woe need to be shut down and then release when we have a least 4 healthy guilds, keeping updating the game, and make the community grow.

it's hard to believe that  the people just dont going woe cuz they dont get zelstar, enriched & 10 ocas every time.

If no one it's going to BG, that only tells there’s no people aiming to get pvp equipment, lowering the needed people to start BG  comes with the problem that someone just exploit them, doing fake & fast BG with 5 friends for easy medals.

Hi @Mexican Spank, I think the WoE implemented right now is on beta. Meaning that it can change a lot, so we might know how WoE is done on our Zero setting server. You can post your views on this on the suggestion thread if you have a good view on what could go good on our Zero WoE. Thanks!

For BG, yes the lowering of people required on all BG stuff is needed. And also the announcements when someone joined or starting the BG is also definitely needed. And yes, it's easily exploited so it's quite a hard time cooking it. Apologies if we were so slow on the updates being made on BG.

To address the points raised:

1. Information not widely available ingame

• Currently, we do have a beginner's tutorial if you indicate that you're familiar with Ragnarok but not R0, the dialogue will introduce basic features like random options, briefly.
  • To better familiarize players with our features, we are planning a better in-depth tutorial ingame to introduce Zero features and r0 custom content.
    • This tutorial will be available in English and other languages (community can assist with translation)
    • The tutorial will be accessible from the @hi command in case you need quick reference

2. Mob/Item DB consistency ingame and website

• We are updating our website Mob/Item DB upon every new patch
  • Currently there is an inconsistency in website monster drop info, which will be fixed in near future

3. Patches & Updates

• We will commit to a weekly patch schedule (Mondays) for bugfixes and updates
  • New events will be introduced on a monthly basis (e.g. Valentines, St. Patrick's)

4. Battlegrounds

• We will lower the requirement for all BG Modes, with exact changes to be decided in a poll.
  • We're also open to improving BG rewards, feel free to open a thread on it

5. War of Emperium

• Current WoE is indeed in beta, to get feedback on its mechanics etc
  • We are discussing on its direction

6. Mob difficulty difference in r0 and Zero

• Mob stats to be adjusted, closer to official behavior.

7. Improve Zelstar availability & rewards

• We're considering possible options, feel free to share your opinions on it.

8. Gear Progression

• We are discussing it, feel free to share your opinions on it.

9. End Game after 99

• We are discussing it, feel free to share your opinions on it.

10. Guild Monthly Rewards

• We are discussing on its direction

11. GM Team on announcements & decisions

• We will be more careful and clear in future announcements whether in discord and forums

12. GM/CM Events

• We are discussing on a way to implement it.

13. Status Calculator

• Its nice to have but not a priority to develop.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stroheim said:

3. Patches & Updates

• We will commit to a weekly patch schedule (Mondays) for bugfixes and updates
  • New events will be introduced on a monthly basis (e.g. Valentines, St. Patrick's)

i'm happy
Thanks.

18564.pngLove Piece

On 2/2/2020 at 7:34 AM, Minato said:

1. I'm not sure if this is feasible if you meant an upper headgear with item effects (King Tiger Doll) to be dropped by Eddga? Or was it just an etc item doll? I do have some ideas regarding additional MVP drops, and also for the revamp of the forgotten box we have that is currently useless. 

"but make the damage calculation to get MVP title accumulative for every player in the party" - meaning, MVP would be for the damage done by the party and not by just one player? it could be good but not sure if it's feasible, since it'll require editing or restructuring of source codes. Though it's a good idea tbh. Could you list out pros and cons for this? Thanks!

cc: @Mirei - is this feasible?

Possible? Yes. Feasible? Maybe. The most important thing here is to discuss its impact.

Let me give my opinion on how to increase server population but first let me describe the "3 different kind of players":

(1) Short-term players that only play for a few days/weeks then move on, left the server on a good/bad note

(2) Intermittent players that treat r0 as a side-game, they may get on 2 hours a week or 30 hours a week, they got other video games to play.
May of demoted from (3).

(3) Long-term players that have made r0 their primary game/fun driver and look forward to playing it as much as they can.
May of promoted from (2).

________________________________________________________________________________

Every Ragnarok private server wants category (3) players on their server but of course they are the hardest to find. These people are usually the ones that have already found a "Ragnarok home" (another private server). To get these players, they need to know that all the time they commit to the server isn't for nothing. This is an online game so no matter what anyone says, people want to get ahead of each other, show off their stuff, know they are getting stronger compared to how they were from last week and when compared to other players, etc. Category (3) players pretty much want there be other people to play with/compete against or else we're in a catch-22 since r0 has a low population.

TL;DR: A way that has been seen to work is do the OriginsRO route where you literally just keep a server maintained for YEARS and gradually building up your (2)(3) players. Origins had 1-20 players online for years and now they have hundreds. A reasonable goal should be to get five to ten (2)(3) players every month. Yes this is slow and nobody wants to wait but it should work. Of course, [+(2)(3) playercount/month  > players that quit forever/month] for this to work.

Category (2) players are the second priority as they supplement the main player-base. These guys are the ones that login when they feel like but things like their friends asking them to get on or brand new content is what will have them come back for a bit. To promote these guys to (3) you need some overwhelmingly attractive content (such as WoE competitiveness, some attainable goal to look forward to [like +9'ing stuff? lol]).

Finally, the category (1) players are the last priority. They do not see r0 as something that will hold their attention for long. Instead, they will get their small bits of fun here and there and quit. In terms of server population "farming", you don't really worry about these guys. They are just passing through. You do however probably want their experience to be good during their short visit as they may pass on a good review to somebody else that may try the server. On a side note, these guys are the MAJORITY on new private servers. So when they leave you have everybody yelling "omg server dead, lol where did every body go? hahahAHAH i told u guys this server sux".

________________________________________________________________________________

(Continued)

I wanted to talk about the current content we have. It has been said many times before but I think we're lacking content. Although I think it is important to note that you really only "lack content" if you play A LOT (20-30 hours a week). You will hit the end-game of r0 which is currently +9'ing gear in maybe 1-2 months. People don't seem to realize that 1-2 months of a game holding your attention is pretty damn good. People wish that a single game could be fun forever but no, there will be a end, and once you get to that end, often times people act like (-10 their current age) and complain which causes toxicity in the player-base.

So about content, we need something DAILY to look forward to. Something where everyday we think we can't wait to login and do that thing. What is that thing? I dunno. But it sure as hell ain't Poring Village. Maybe skip through some of the official KRO:Z timeline and get to the meatier stuff  like the dungeons or Endless Tower if that's a thing. Ideally, this "daily interest" would be some kind of content that favors making a party for it. It is always good to stimulate social interactions in terms of helping server population.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 5:22 AM, Orduna said:

Let me give my opinion on how to increase server population but first let me describe the "3 different kind of players":

(1) Short-term players that only play for a few days/weeks then move on, left the server on a good/bad note

(2) Intermittent players that treat r0 as a side-game, they may get on 2 hours a week or 30 hours a week, they got other video games to play.
May of demoted from (3).

(3) Long-term players that have made r0 their primary game/fun driver and look forward to playing it as much as they can.
May of promoted from (2).

Every Ragnarok private server wants category (3) players on their server but of course they are the hardest to find. These people are usually the ones that have already found a "Ragnarok home" (another private server). To get these players, they need to know that all the time they commit to the server isn't for nothing. This is an online game so no matter what anyone says, people want to get ahead of each other, show off their stuff, know they are getting stronger compared to how they were from last week and when compared to other players, etc. Category (3) players pretty much want there be other people to play with/compete against or else we're in a catch-22 since r0 has a low population.

TL;DR: A way that has been seen to work is do the OriginsRO route where you literally just keep a server maintained for YEARS and gradually building up your (2)(3) players. Origins had 1-20 players online for years and now they have hundreds. A reasonable goal should be to get five to ten (2)(3) players every month. Yes this is slow and nobody wants to wait but it should work. Of course, [+(2)(3) playercount/month  > players that quit forever/month] for this to work.

Category (2) players are the second priority as they supplement the main player-base. These guys are the ones that login when they feel like but things like their friends asking them to get on or brand new content is what will have them come back for a bit. To promote these guys to (3) you need some overwhelmingly attractive content (such as WoE competitiveness, some attainable goal to look forward to [like +9'ing stuff? lol]).

Finally, the category (1) players are the last priority. They do not see r0 as something that will hold their attention for long. Instead, they will get their small bits of fun here and there and quit. In terms of server population "farming", you don't really worry about these guys. They are just passing through. You do however probably want their experience to be good during their short visit as they may pass on a good review to somebody else that may try the server. On a side note, these guys are the MAJORITY on new private servers. So when they leave you have everybody yelling "omg server dead, lol where did every body go? hahahAHAH i told u guys this server sux".

(Continued)

I wanted to talk about the current content we have. It has been said many times before but I think we're lacking content. Although I think it is important to note that you really only "lack content" if you play A LOT (20-30 hours a week). You will hit the end-game of r0 which is currently +9'ing gear in maybe 1-2 months. People don't seem to realize that 1-2 months of a game holding your attention is pretty damn good. People wish that a single game could be fun forever but no, there will be a end, and once you get to that end, often times people act like (-10 their current age) and complain which causes toxicity in the player-base.

So about content, we need something DAILY to look forward to. Something where everyday we think we can't wait to login and do that thing. What is that thing? I dunno. But it sure as hell ain't Poring Village. Maybe skip through some of the official KRO:Z timeline and get to the meatier stuff  like the dungeons or Endless Tower if that's a thing. Ideally, this "daily interest" would be some kind of content that favors making a party for it. It is always good to stimulate social interactions in terms of helping server population.

Hi @Orduna, tbh this is the most positive post I've seen on this thread. Thanks for this! I do have an idea regarding your last paragraph, so stay tuned!

As I suggested before (few months ago), rates (Exp and Drop) should be inversely proportional to the ammount of players online. More players = LOWER rates, less players = HIGHER Rates.

Why? 

Lower rates RO Server are meant to be played by THOUSAND of players so the 1/10.000 chance of getting a card can be proc more times since more players are killing monsters. Also with more players playing, its easy to get a party to level up, and you get exp faster that way. Leveling solo on a 5/5/3 rates server is ultra boring.

People are bored to this server because they have to spend 2 week to drop a single card. Maybe because no one has it to sell and when they have the price is too high and they have to spend 5+ hours farming harpies to buy it. 

If players can't achieve nothing, (w/e playing alone or in parties), they will leave.

New player routine on ragna0:

- Start a new char
- Do the initial quests
- Get char to level 30
- Try to get party
- Fail
- Level solo to 50
- Try to get party
- Fail
- Try to farm on harder places
- Fail
- Try to get party to farm harder places because exp sucks solo
- Fail
- Keeps the boring leveling getting 0.5% exp per mob killing 1 by 1
- Reach level 60
- Try to do hodes alone
- Fail
- Try to find party to hodes
     -- if you are wizard/priest/mobber you have a chance
     -- else: Fail
- Get bored farming orcs till level 70
- Reach level 80 solo in 3 weeks without a single card or good equipment drop
- Try to get a party
- Fail
- Leave the server

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tiburcio said:

As I suggested before (few months ago), rates (Exp and Drop) should be inversely proportional to the ammount of players online. More players = LOWER rates, less players = HIGHER Rates.

Why? 

Lower rates RO Server are meant to be played by THOUSAND of players so the 1/10.000 chance of getting a card can be proc more times since more players are killing monsters. Also with more players playing, its easy to get a party to level up, and you get exp faster that way. Leveling solo on a 5/5/3 rates server is ultra boring.

People are bored to this server because they have to spend 2 week to drop a single card. Maybe because no one has it to sell and when they have the price is too high and they have to spend 5+ hours farming harpies to buy it. 

If players can't achieve nothing, (w/e playing alone or in parties), they will leave.

New player routine on ragna0:

- Start a new char
- Do the initial quests
- Get char to level 30
- Try to get party
- Fail
- Level solo to 50
- Try to get party
- Fail
- Try to farm on harder places
- Fail
- Try to get party to farm harder places because exp sucks solo
- Fail
- Keeps the boring leveling getting 0.5% exp per mob killing 1 by 1
- Reach level 60
- Try to do hodes alone
- Fail
- Try to find party to hodes
     -- if you are wizard/priest/mobber you have a chance
     -- else: Fail
- Get bored farming orcs till level 70
- Reach level 80 solo in 3 weeks without a single card or good equipment drop
- Try to get a party
- Fail
- Leave the server

This is very true, i've spent 14 days trying to drop a card with my friend and almost quit because of that, it was super tedious. If there was more people on the server surely that card would be on the market and all i needed to do was to farm some money and buy it, but as you said: lower rates are meant to be played by thousand. But at the same time, very high rates hurts the server economy aswell and also make the majority farm alone and play alone. But i do understand you that now, since we have low population, is super hard to find a party to level up, since most of the people already did.
As a suggestion i would perhaps increase the rates a bit, not much. And also implement things like bubblegum and battle manual to be allowed to be bought by vote points(please where is it? it's going to help everyone), and for the love of god not make those itens character bound, so they can be sold in the market (customs from Attendance check shoudn't be aswell, i have so many equals, that i would even give them to other people).
Also there is this comment from @Minatothat i agree a lot:image.thumb.png.34ed2e5cb0b2a56679d910cc89f50919.png 

I think that the best thing about this post is see that you guys wants to hear us and keep improving the server, and that's a action that passes security to us.
It's also nice to see the players here on the foruns, this is a important place to come sometimes and give feedback.
players please also participate in the community suggetions on others people's topics, because sometimes the gms waits for our feedback.
Here are some links for you to vote
1) Change Champion monster spawn mechanic to be the same as Fever MVPs
2)buff ranked pots
3)Card Recycling system
4)Gemstones requirement for Abracadabra (mine :D)
5)Should we implement a Plagiarism NPC?

Also some bugs
1)Strange Behaviour with steel body and equipaments ( or monks in general) ( mine :D)
2)Demonstration (Bomb) + Mount

🙂

Edited by Ladraozinho
moar stuff to say

Make party leveling more attractive. % Exp Bonus, Weekly Level Party Event, maybe party exp boost at weekends. Something like that.

Edited by Smoximus