Tiburcio

In your opinion, what's the best class for farming poring village?

Question

Hey guys, how are you doing?

In your opinion, what's the best class for farming poring village solo? I've noticed some people farm there using Kunai Ninjas, others using Brandish Knights...
I usually farm there using a level 59 Agi/Int mage (which I delevel to 0% every time i run the instance dying several times after finishing it).

11 answers to this question

I clear it on my set of hunters in about 8minute runs using a +atk hunter bow and hunting arrows. The rest of my gear is basically trash... Even doing it on archers I was clearing it in around 10 minutes.

I run 6 swordies with a sweet optioned weapon and earth deleter, able to 1shot magnum break everything but drops

I use rogue with Ice Pick (but any weapon would do) and some random piece of Desert Shoes and Desert Vest. Clear time is 6-7 minutes consistently. I use 0-3 white potions and I think 5-7 blue potions. I don't have an Earth Deleter so I think I wouldn't use any blue potions if I had one. You drop a weapon, have porings gather, then Hide/Raid. Raid's aoe range is deceptively huge.

9 hours ago, JPO said:

I run 6 swordies with a sweet optioned weapon and earth deleter, able to 1shot magnum break everything but drops

Wait... do you use 6 swordies for the drop or 6 swordies on an acc?

Btw, how do you guys sustain boss' damage?

For example: full agi dex archer, full vit str sword with hit gears, full agi str/luk rogue?

10 hours ago, Deathcorim said:

For example: full agi dex archer, full vit str sword with hit gears, full agi str/luk rogue?

With the hunters I spam DS on the bosses, A full run costs about 5 blue syrups. Build is 60dex, 20int, 40agi (somewhere around there).

18 hours ago, Deathcorim said:

I usually do 6 runs soloing with swordies, and run a mix of str/agi/vit build, bashing for 3k dmg on bosses

48 minutes ago, JPO said:

I usually do 6 runs soloing with swordies, and run a mix of str/agi/vit build, bashing for 3k dmg on bosses

Can i get some gear advices please?

Basically what I said earlier, just get a good forged/optioned weapon and an earth deleter. Mine is a 2 h sword almost perfectly rolled for poring instance, where a friend is able to do a similar clear time with a lance having only boss damage i think.  A 50-60 atk weapon + andres or whatever should also do the trick.

I clear the instance somewhere in between 7-9 mins where my friend does it in around 10-12 I would say. The thing with swordies is that you will need gear, where with archers or something the investment is minimal. Boils down to personal preference, investment to it and gear availability

8 hours ago, JPO said:

Basically what I said earlier, just get a good forged/optioned weapon and an earth deleter. Mine is a 2 h sword almost perfectly rolled for poring instance, where a friend is able to do a similar clear time with a lance having only boss damage i think.  A 50-60 atk weapon + andres or whatever should also do the trick.

I clear the instance somewhere in between 7-9 mins where my friend does it in around 10-12 I would say. The thing with swordies is that you will need gear, where with archers or something the investment is minimal. Boils down to personal preference, investment to it and gear availability

Agreed. Basically any class can do it with a bit of gear investment in sub 10 minutes. I would say archers and ninjas likely need the least investment. Just a decent weapon and some +hp gear will suffice. Just depends how many syrups you want to spend each run and wether or not the syrup investment is worth the gear investment for you.

Ninja is the best option, in my opinion. Fast and cheap as Mexican Spank mentioned. If you have another account with a high level priest, you can create a character and reach level 42 in about 1 hour and 30 minutes, then you can do the rest of the leveling inside the poring instance. In one day you can create an army of farmers 😄

The first couple of runs with a level 42 ninja might be a little slow (12 minutes), but when you reach level 55-60, it's a piece of cake (8-10 minutes).

• For the stats, I tried a couple of builds, since I made 5 ninjas to run the instance. The best one I've come up with has: 70 STR, 15 DEX, the rest goes to INT, you can reach 50+ INT at level 60.
  • For the skils just go with the Throw Huuma, Throw Kunai, Cicada Skin and Ninja Mastery.
  • As for the investment, just get any desert gear you want (with sp regen if possible, but not necessary), a Huuma Giant Wheel (6% drop from Tengu, easy and cheap), arround 500 Earth Kunais (no mob with earth resistances there), arround 5-10 Blue Syrups (maybe less, depending on your INT investment) and 5 White Syrups.

My leveling strategy with the support priest is: Normal initial quests to get to job 10 as a novice, level 11 to 20 at Payon Cave, 21 to 30 at Orc Village and 31 to 42-50 at Orc Dungeon.

Level 42 is the requirement for the first Huuma ninjas have access, the Huuma Giant Wheel. You can go to the Poring Instance at this level, but I recommend that you stay at the Orc Dungeon until level 50, so you can use the Desert Gear. Also, it is pretty easy to get to level 50 once you get a Huuma.

If you mantain the Cicada Skin Shed skill up, the only way the last boss can hurt you is with a fire ball, that does almost no damage =P