Sign in to follow this  
HAV9

Explanation about cast time

Question

Which is the cast time formula?

I thought instant casting was possible with 150 dex. I realize that despite having 140 of dex I have the cast similar to all the other wiz that have only 110.

How come the dex has become so unimportant?how it work reduce variable cast time? Is it more valuable than dex? Is it possible reach instant cast here? Thanks all

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.b83344767b6aa91c8533346789bad46b.png

Renewal formula, you basically need around 530 total Int+Dex to remove variable casting time.

In easier terms, you cant achieve instant cast, due the ridiculous amount of stats needed plus no way of removing 100% of the fixed cast time. So even if you had said amount of stats, you will still have the fixed cast of the skills

Edited by JPO

Posted (edited)

On Ragna0 you can reach very high VCast reduction with GEAR + Buffs 

For instance:
-Staff  -10%
-Headgear -10%
-Clock Tower Manager -5% 
-Expedition Robe I -15%
-Suffragium -20%
-Poem of Bragi -20%

Total = 80% vcast reduction by gear + buffs.

Lets suppose you are casting a skill with 5 seconds Variable cast only
Only with gear and buffs you'll cast it in 1 Second.

With 130 int and 1 dex, you'll cast it in 0.51 Seconds (80% from buffs +  49.87~% reduction by stats)

With 130 int AND 130 dex, you will cast it in 0.14 seconds (80% from buffs + 86~% reduction by stats)

As you can see, the difference between having 1 DEX and 130 DEX is almost 70% of the relative formula, but In terms of total cast time its only 0.37 seconds. As a Wizard for instance, Dex is totally negligible, and once you have high end gear you can ignore dex (or at least invest less points on it)

Edited by Tiburcio