noxnoire

(outdated)DXVK On Ragna0

• as of 25/01/2020 i stop supporting this thread , the method still working for loading newer dgvodoo or any compatible dll that doesnt hack the game
    • im stopping support bc i don`t play ro actively anymore and seems that microsoft fucked some dlls on a new update so they arent working as they did before so i cant fix it easily
  • FAQ
    • Q: what is dxvk
      • A:dxvk is a translation layer from dx9,10 and dx11 to vulkan api wich is a high performance graphics engine
    • Q:why you should use it
      • A:more fps? less input lag? less latency(gpu based)? less slutter?... etc
    • Q:what do i need to use it
      • A:the first requirement is that ur graphics card support it
    • Q:how do i can know if i got vulkan
      • A:search online your graphics card capabilities or test with this utility Utility
  • DXVK Setup:
    • pre-setup
      • after knowing you can use vulkan you need to download the needed files
      • DXVK (lastest tar.gz)
      • dgVoodoo_2 (last regular usage zip)
    • dgvoodoo2-setup
      • extract the zip
      • make a new folder called r0.exe.local in your game directory
      • grab these files and paste them on the folder you just created(ignore the d3d9.dll)(also make sure you grab em off x86 folder)
      • c1FhTCJ3xL2dzF00xcD71WnCw9wQ4W4-gDJmPF7rY2n6FlNl1yXF_BFpX6CIhQZhtUiBAl9EZ8-4gyuA_wx0HpF3_vf237i21Mk-o9yKQve380ncTW3gSlrqaarcXK1BYvEPFVy9
      • also copy the dgvodoo2-setup and default config
      • _Ylf7OFyXA-ak75v4Jp3UOr0I_G8vp_lW6Az7rzdfUsT_4KZf6-BwMQnQ9AzsYfIVQl1gINcBNdq8zO0lQcI7X2Z8-i73tfvxDxyCe6bF2EO5numcqCOD6TcxfQTra4MWJvY2w9O
    • DXVK-Setup
      • extract the tar.gz(if you have issues extracting use 7zip)
      • and grab d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll from the x32 folder and paste them on the r0.exe.local
      • 38CVYUAlArfyQZZTxkUWDdMNWIXbv73gYv1etzOQZosjs81Ih-AnE8IcYcEW3nICs_nsJhyZUcERk04Al8lEYFGkT4rC0RgyQCeiEn-jRHAxR1gyezmvBRXOppxU8l3lTq74nHUo
    • Windows Registry-Setup
      • run this command on cmd(admin) or powershell(admin)
      • REG add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options" /v DevOverrideEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1
      • **Reboot Your PC**
    • dgvoodoo2-config
      • run dgVoodooCpl.exe from the r0.exe.local folder
      • and copy the setting i have
      • **make sure that config folder , its the game folder and not the r0.exe.local folder**
      • 9X9PvQWmkKFPSutjT-DBielCGPygc7HYUtnrbEiFF6L8ollc-6G7HWKSbu9qP3aSFxG7Mx3fTeQOLjrr8pA2I-Ho4JdVLidXv_6coEjV-V9OuiCavMZMOJk2-_N6-EWYHOCIbRom
      • SCozM82BNkzqHTIVFaSBvdgeQONRtTM7lms1TTZT2CSuOrve61X7cCE34gzSZP0wo6QAlZd9G0yN-Cj9CAwRScbYrDtK7jPsgbGJ7L2S6DyOuxImzu4rbIhXV-8O2nn_4AuyVmbc
      • RUiiJ9UvOsDaxhRvm21CWxgY4-HrLQ_eCMh1QEURplbFF2Oj0uaDG11kuaacwCHsU8HAjonjRQml20EV7czB5VB_KDPm43w3gFmMKaLojk1idV6kAhV8MchciMs_Hw2dxhswxhX8
      • after its done make a copy of the r0.exe.local folder and rename it "setup.exe.local"
    • setup-config
      • just need to run the setup.exe from the game itself and if you have dgvodoo on the options you are pretty much set(on the drop down menu i recommend the third option aka "insert_your_gpu_name [dgvoodoo HAL]")
      • ai4lm9tDVPFpMGjOMIQr2V34cUcUK4X0GbZ4jDwOvZlPJL1VCmSJkd5IZrleD2xE5b9YzhHmU4I89Z1x6h2pvddqUpZdaMx2nHDFmM-BEKKnDmmtpBAHFDAzsgufDafCfVul3_qX
      • apply then close it
  • known-issues
    • gepard doesnt like the cached shaders so its better to disable them
    • to disable cached shaders run the following command from cmd(admin) or powershell(admin)
    • setx DXVK_STATE_CACHE 0 /M
    • dxvk doesnt work with older versions of dgvoodoo, please use the lastest
    • seems like dxvk doesnt work with lastest nvidia driver due to vulkan api driver incompatibilities(cant check since i dont own updated nvidia hardware)
  • fps counter
    • if you want to see your fps you may need to run the following command on cmd(admin) or powershell(admin)
    • setx DXVK_HUD fps,gpuload /M

Edited by noxnoire
Stopping support for the thread
  • Thanks 1

the 4k pack is the 2.54 version of dgvodoo wich is oficially supported by gepard3.0

in this case we use an tricky method to run the last version of dgvodoo(2.63 i think was it) and as an extra we chain it with dxvk wich in this case seems to improve performance a ton(first game i run with dxvk i get over 300fps)

ooo tasty.. because my performance with the 4k pack is unplayable for me,and im tweaking things left and right to get things to sit right and its just herky jerky and all kindsa wrong, even though i can finally use my gpu.. depressing XD

Posted (edited)

on my case its same with the 4k pack , i get better fps with plain game rather that outdated version of dgvoodoo

that version(4k pack) for me only worsen my gameplay making even the character selection un-usable, try the guide and tell me how it goes

also if you get any problem dont hesitate on pming me at discord 

NoxNoire#5160

Edited by noxnoire
syntax highlight

sweet thanks so much for your help. it inspires me to help increase the quality of the server. following your instructions carefully now... lol

I should run the powershell from within the game directory. is that what you're saying there in the asterisk?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, vashuyasha said:

sweet thanks so much for your help. it inspires me to help increase the quality of the server. following your instructions carefully now... lol

I should run the powershell from within the game directory. is that what you're saying there in the asterisk?

no , the powershells things are for registry or envirment variables , arent related to the game itself (short: you can run em anywhere as long as the powershell has admin) , also dont forget to restart after entering the powershell commands as they mostly only start working after a reboot

Edited by noxnoire

I know it's no longer supported as stated, but if anyone managed to run it and that is still working, would be awesome to give me some insight =).
If I don't use the 4k pack, it's my integrated card who runs and it's laggy lie hell. Using the 4k, is playble, but very laggy, can't imagine while doing some dungeon.

I follow the steps but my setup won't just open, once I copied the "r0.exe.local" folder and rename it into "setup.exe.local".
Am I doing something wrong? Is it my Nvidia (I saw you said there were incompatibilities)?

Edited by Kyndeyern

OK, here is a little update.
I tried different tweaks on the dgvoodoo to see if i managed to improve my pin.

The real solution came with a suggestion from Izaya on discord. He sent me a link to the extension ROext from ratemyserver.
1) I made a clean install;

2) I didn't even use the 4k resolution pack. 

3) I copied the contents of the ROext into the R0 folder.

4) And it works like magic. It doesn't even matter if it's Direct 3D T&L Hal or the integrated card. It's really smooth (at least for me)

I was very scared of lagging like hell again because my dedicated card wasn't configured, hence not being used at all. But, surprisingly it handles the game perfectly. It's running at 44-48 % on regular maps. I wonder how will it be in a more intense scenario. But that will be a whole other problem.

Edited by Kyndeyern