Sign in to follow this  
Anumati

Absurd requirements

Is this sane? Or maybe I'm crazy.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this sane? Or maybe I'm crazy.

• Yes
    • No
    • I like grinding 15+ hours for a single weapon only to have it break going to from +4 to +5.

1.5 dropped! Great!

Amazing job Hades! I was looking forward to this immensely!

I saw the enchanted flame 2 hander staff and was thinking of how to get it.

Then the staffs to make it, and then found the NPC.

And my jaw dropped.

You not only want us to farm the staffs which have a 1 percent drop each

You want us to also farm 5 mythril and 5 blue ghost essence?

Except that part where.

YOU DIDNT LIST WHERE TO GET GHOST ESSENCE.

And mythril is an instance reward or.. a .03 drop from hodes.

So you want two staffs at 1 percent drop rate. 5 mythrils that MIGHT be obtainable from farming instances. Or the equivalent of FIVE CARDS at .03 drop rate from desert hodes.

And then you want to make us also acquire 5 essences? Except you list nowhere to get them?

Just for a +0 weapon that is slightly better than wizardy staff. That requires +7 and +9 to have its effects fully realized?

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

Remove the mythril and essence requirements. There is absolutely no reason to have them.

Firstly your poll question doesn’t actually ask anything relevant. Secondly Ro is one of the grindiest RPGs there is and your complaining that it is grindy? 

Edit: the content has been out for less then 24 hours. Maybe let people get into it before we complain the items are too hard to get 

Edited by Lukien

4 minutes ago, Lukien said:

Firstly your poll question doesn’t actually ask anything relevant. Secondly Ro is one of the grindiest RPGs there is and your complaining that it is grindy? 

If you actually read the topic instead of just replying with no input you would understand that.

A. The requirements are absurd even by RO standards and official standards.

B. The poll is relevant because its a poll about what is sane for grinding reasons.

C. Official servers are easier than this. I've played and enjoyed them.

Though I understand the reasoning behind your post, the way you built the pool and conveyed the message was not very constructive and this makes it harder to have a productive discussion.

Having said that I'd like how many ingredients would be needed to have an +7 weapon on average (when it actually starts being worth to have), this data would be more helpful in seeing if the requirements are unreasonably or not.

• Like 1

Crafting a 7+ Weapon  has a sucess chance of 5.60% so you need avg 20 weapons. So you need a 100 Mithril, 100 Blue Essence Flame and 40 Staffs. Also probaly like 100+ Oris BUT if you use enriched ori the sucess chance is 44.10% so you need aroudn 2-3 Weapons so 10-15 Mithril, 10-15 Essence, 4-6 Staffs, 20 enriched = 100 ori + 10 mil zeny.

Farming 1 Mithril takes around 2-4 hours if you are lucky, 1 Essence probaly  around 1-2h farming, The staves should be easily farmed with the essence. Farming 100 Ori probaly takes like 6-7h farming 10 mil Zeny is around 10-20 h.

So Farming a +7 Staff is around 46-97 hours. :) Keep in mind thats just a rough estimate and it could take waaaaay longer.

Edited by Blain

Keep in mind that there are HD Ores available.

1.5m for each.

You could also focus on farming zeny and spend only HD Ores.

A good tactic would be, using Enriched Ores for 500k each up to +4.

And then the remaining 3 using HD Ores.

Obviously, this ain't gonna be easy.

This was never meant to be easy to begin with.

There are much easier staffs out there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blain said:

Crafting a 7+ Weapon  has a sucess chance of 5.60% so you need avg 20 weapons. So you need a 100 Mithril, 100 Blue Essence Flame and 40 Staffs. Also probaly like 100+ Oris BUT if you use enriched ori the sucess chance is 44.10% so you need aroudn 2-3 Weapons so 10-15 Mithril, 10-15 Essence, 4-6 Staffs, 20 enriched = 100 ori + 10 mil zeny.

Farming 1 Mithril takes around 2-4 hours if you are lucky, 1 Essence probaly  around 1-2h farming, The staves should be easily farmed with the essence. Farming 100 Ori probaly takes like 6-7h farming 10 mil Zeny is around 10-20 h.

So Farming a +7 Staff is around 46-97 hours. :) Keep in mind thats just a rough estimate and it could take waaaaay longer.

And that's just for a single weapon that is completely niche. Not even able to be used by other classes effectively. Like if this was armor that was super good I could understand. This though? This is a joke. 

Also Hades, that's not the point that there are "easier staffs"

There two other options for wizards for end game staffs for PvM. As we have no WoE at the moment and this server will probably die before you implement it properly. 

A 6 percent staff from a low spawnrate mob that is numerically inferior to both Chronos and the staff of the OP.  Elders are such fun to farm arent they?

Or Chronos, a 3 percent drop from a boss monster that has a delay on spawn timing because its a boss mob. Lol Dark Lord.

Wow such great options. 

Edit- And those numbers don't take into account any bad luck or good luck.

---

Meanwhile every other class can kick over a monster and find viable weapons of any type. Renewal fucked wizards hard and they never learned with renewal+ of still "fuck wizards."

Once again @Hades There is absolutely no reason at all to have mythril or essence requirements. It is an unnecessary thing that literally just a blatant middle finger to any wizard players who actually want to compete in damage with any other class.

If you bring up PvP for some god awful reason for this I'm just laundry list a huge counterpoints that nullify it. 

Edited by Anumati

I'm having a hard time digesting the fact you have to +9 an item which requires 50 mithril ores to craft. That's like 2 months doing instances with 6 other people, unless you keep all the loot to yourself.

The real issue is that mistakes were made with the refinement system here. Trading for Enriched/HD Ores is supposed to be Gelstars or Zeny, not both. So the idea that you had to make the price higher to replace Gelstars is wrong. Also HD Ore chances aren't correct. On kRO:Z the refine chances with HDs are the same as Enriched. That's not the case here.

The average items needed on kRO:Z for a +9 Level 3 Weapon:

krorefine.thumb.png.5160cd039546c0f804f890233c3e8b9b.png

Which is on average 2~3 Weapons, 29 Oridecons, 64 Gelstars, and 380,200z. This is even further reduced if they have refine events on kRO:Z (I'm not sure if they do or not.)

Something else to keep in mind is that Gelstars are the only way people make Enriched Ores on kRO:Z. Nobody actually uses the zeny option. Enriched Oridecon are currently around 70,000z on the market right now because of this. So I don't think it was wise to remove the Gelstar option without appropriately adjusting the non-Gelstar option. Or else you end up with this absurd grind that very few people are going to want to deal with.

If you really want to be as close to kRO:Z as possible, while removing the requirement to spend real money, one idea would be to somehow make Gelstars acquirable without spending cash.

2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Also HD Ore chances aren't correct. On kRO:Z the refine chances with HDs are the same as Enriched. That's not the case here.

Does that mean it's a...
...(((custom feature)))?

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Also it's not a super big difference, of what we have.

This is blatantly wrong. These mistakes make a massive difference. Even more so when you combine them.

Right now the server seems like it's designed to entice people with the idea of emulating kRO:Z. But then you'll inevitably hit a wall with your progression. This makes sense on kRO:Z because after players invest a bunch of time, and then they hit that wall, they are much more likely to spend real money to progress. That's by design.

You shouldn't just rip out the monetization and do nothing else to the game. That just leaves you with what you have now: A server where a considerable amount of people will start to lose interest as soon as their progression stalls. This thread is a perfect example of that. The mistakes that have been made only worsen the problem.

Also, not correcting the mistakes goes against what's stated with the pinned welcome thread:

Our vision is to provide a stable, less RNG, less complication and a Zero gaming experience of RO.

Leaving HD ores as they are adds a sizeable amount of RNG that the official kRO:Z server does not have.

Are you saying that HD Ores in kRO:z has the same effect success rate of Enriched?

Any evidence or source to back it up?

Everything else you said is just... I throw them to garbage can, whether you like it or not. 

I can't really do much else then post videos of people using HD ores on kRO:Z:

https://youtu.be/O-KjRmE4lwA?t=75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Behqulf0xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMGv45fWKM

I've tried to prove myself wrong but I can't. Everything I can find tells me it's the same chance as Enriched:

https://anne010.tistory.com/51

http://roz.www2.kr/refine/

krorefinecalc.png.9f2a544e8808be4df149f575f98f94f5.png

It all shows HD ores following this chart:

krorefinespecial.png.6afa0682269bb14df800f702dfe0b7ad.png

But honestly, you have access to the source. If you want a definitive answer, just +7 a Knife on kRO:Z and then acquire a single HD Oridecon. I would do it myself but I don't have an account there.