Sign in to follow this  
Tonster

Restore mp when respawning and/or from healer

Should the healer restore mp/should mp restore on respawn?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should the healer restore mana/should mana restore on respawn?

• No
    • Both should restore mp.
    • Just the healer.
    • Just on respawn.

• Idea description:
    • The topic pretty much explains it but I think it would be much more convenient to restore mana from the healer and if you didn't want to do that at least when we respawn from death we should get mana back.
    • Why is it good?
      • A lot of the dead ends/downtime come from trying to restore mana back to full. I just feel like it would help with frustration and overall be useful.
    • How urgent is this rate 1-10:
    • Will it affect our economy?
      • There's a small chance it could increase the number of items being found I suppose
    • Will it affect any of our core systems?
      • I don't believe so but I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for.
    • If we deny it, what might happen?
      • Nothing major I will just continue to be frustrated haha.
    • If we accept it, who does it benefit the most?
      • I believe it benefits everyone. Having to wait after death to start hunting/leveling again is just frustrating although it is what it is

Edited by Tonster

Massive no from me.

In pretty much any server that has a healer that refills SP what ends up happening is that people just go Asura Strike a MvP, go back to town to refill their SP just to Warp Portal back to the MvP to Asura Strike it again until it dies. Even if the SP refill only happened on respawn, all you need to do is die to the MvP instead of using a Butteryfly Wing.

All this accomplishes is harm the server by overflowing the market with MvP items, which would be controlled by just a handful of people.

There's already an issue where a part of the player base would rather not compete for MvP's for whatever reason and this would only make it even worse since you wouldn't even have a chance to compete anymore.

Just make it so the healer gives you the increased SP recovery effect from Magnificat for 30~60 seconds instead, if you really want this to go through.

Edited by Aoyos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aoyos said:

Massive no from me.

In pretty much any server that has a healer that refills SP what ends up happening is that people just go Asura Strike a MvP, go back to town to refill their SP just to Warp Portal back to the MvP to Asura Strike it again until it dies. Even if the SP refill only happened on respawn, all you need to do is die to the MvP instead of using a Butteryfly Wing.

All this accomplishes is harm the server by overflowing the market with MvP items, which would be controlled by just a handful of people.

There's already an issue where a part of the player base would rather not compete for MvP's for whatever reason and this would only make it even worse since you wouldn't even have a chance to compete anymore.

Just make it so the healer gives you the increased SP recovery effect from Magnificat for 30~60 seconds instead, if you really want this to go through.

Increased SP recovery would be okay too. Its just really frustrating (at low levels) to die and have to wait for full mana on an archer or swordsman but I understand the issues I guess.

Edited by Tonster

Every server I’ve been on that has had this, the use of it has been abused excessively. You already can refill mp at an inn for some z. If it’s that much of a issue set your save to a inn.

yeah easily abused, with classes who are sp hungry, not just monks, HC saders as well. 1 blue gem is cheaper than an inn restore.

You get Yggdrasil essences anyway for starters and novice blue pots.

I dont also favor sp recovery, you could still take advantage of that feature.