Vaahneon

Safe Refine to 100% with regular upgrade materials

Increase the Safe Refine Rates of regular refining materials to 100%  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If you are all amenable with it

• Yes
    • No

• Idea description:
    • With how zero refinement rates are right now, its very difficult to get decent defenses/offenses while keeping the best options for gear or even keeping the gear itself (with the future combination gears as they are not easily obtained. This change will help new players and casual players alike. The endgame of most RO gears are still in the +7 to +9 refinement rates, so enriched elu and ori will still be heavily needed to reach those refine rates. 

The result will be making refinement rates of all armors from 0 to +4 at 100% with regular elunium, then back to the zero success chances by +5 and above (which can increase with enriched and HD elunium). Weapons lvl 1 will be at 100% until +7, lvl 2 will be 100% until +6, lvl 3 will be 100% until +5, lvl 4 will be 100% until +4, then back to zero success rates afterwards (also increased with enriched and HD oridecon for lvl 3 and 4 weapons).

• Why is it good?
    • This move can benefit all players, improving both offense and defense by a substantial amount, as well as slightly reducing upgrade costs. People will still aim for overupgrades anyway so this will only lower the demand of enriched and HD ores by a small margin. Hard Defense on armor have been increased in zero per refinement so this is more significant on the side of defense, making players survive tougher content and promote more entry into the tougher areas of the game.
  • How urgent is this rate 1-10:
    • 5-6
  • Will it affect our economy?
    • Slightly, will help casual and new players to be better geared, and may increase the chances of having more overupgraded items in the market, since its sort of easier to gamble higher refinement rates.
  • Will it affect any of our core systems?
    • Slightly, this will not change the fact +7 to +9 is the aim for most upgrades so people will still gamble and use the enriched and HD ores to attain mentioned refine rates, probably slightly lower the demands of the enriched and HD ores.
  • If we deny it, what might happen?
    • People will be scared to refine anything (especially those with very decent options and or the upcoming combination gear, for obvious reason no one wants to break those until enriched and HD ores are available), I have tried to refine myself and have no success getting +5 on armors (broke more than 30 as of current situation and 5 of those didnt even get +1). 
  • If we accept it, who does it benefit the most?
    • pretty much every player in the server
  • You promise that this idea is for the better of the server in whole: 
    • yes
  • Other inputs:
    • This move will make it look customized or a mode patterned after the classic and renewal servers, but I think it will give players more enthusiasm in upgrading.
Edited by Vaahneon

@jasony  your comment is slightly irrelevant. equipment is not easy to refine, it never was, thats why we are getting enriched oris and elu. from your arguement, you should be against enriched ori and elu in the first place. getting weapons from +0 to +4 isnt OP, we even get a buff for refining over that number, so those numbers are not overpowered.

the failure rate of those items are not correlating with what the current proposed success rate is.

"have no success getting +5 on armors (broke more than 30 as of current situation and 5 of those didnt even get +1). "

that is NOT 90% success rate, no matter how you slice it. that makes the statement untrue.  basically the npc is wrong somehow.. remember he didn't break them doing a high-dangerous refine where he knows its dangerous, 90% is supposed to be "relatively safe", he never even got to a dangerous refine rate to try it. 

if your CRIT chance was 90, and you just didn't crit for like 30 hits, you'd say for sure "something is wrong". or if your crit was 90%, and you didnt crit for 15 hits, you could safely claim that the result was ten times worse than the claim. that's not a little unlucky or just kinda worse, that's entirely catastrophically different. another  thing that seems really really weird is this; it feels basically no more scary to refine in the dangerous lvls because so many of us break +0 to +1 or +1 to +2, by the time you make it to something like +7, you've always dodged  bullets and weirdly they don't seem to break that much more often at high refine rates, mostly we never even get there, once it gets there, it just happens or it doesn't, just like +1 to +2. I've broken way more +1 to +2 or +3 to +4 than i've broken taking +7 to +8, it almost feels like i succeed more doing a 60% refine rate. if i was eyeballing it, I'd say that the claimed 90% refine rate feels more like 70% max, 60% if your having a bad day.  i would propose that either we bring back the safe refine rates, or at the very least, figure what is happening with these refining mechanics. if we test this on kRo: zero, will we see the same failure rate? i know it is "supposed to be" the same, but is it really? id really like someone to test this with low lvl weapons or something of little consequence on kro:0, just to double check. because if i'm honest, something feels really goofed. +7 armor seems like a freak freak chance in hell of happening. and some people have the resources to force that to happen, so some exist, but my proposal is that although someone with gazillions of resources can make it happen, most of us are SHREDDING the market by hoping we can refine it, and it's giving us false hope of success. I'm trying to word this is simply as possible.  the mechanics seem broked. I feel this is why this member is asking for this. 90% suggests that we are very unlikely to break it, but the reality for us, as far as i can see, is that we are very unlikely to make past the 90% success rate. thanks for listening.

• Like 1

well, I dont expect everyone to agree with it, but if they want to make their lives harder by just using enriched and HD ores from 0 to whatever refine level they want on the very difficult to obtain items like your perfect option gears, expedition sets and the combination gears which takes a long time to farm then suit yourself.

actually a lot of players who would like to try this server might be pissed with no safe refines, by the reason above.

Edited by Vaahneon

Hi.

Not to disappoint anyone, but this is one of the core mechanism which we will not change.

Also seeing it's not gaining as much support as well.

We release affordable Enriched ores in Patch 1.5, which will address this issue partially. 

• Like 1

Just by setting safe limit to 100% until +4 for armors using normal ores, you naturally increase the chance of having a +7 item by 55% (from 9% to 14%). Since we can get a lot of enriched ores over this, having a +10 item would need less than half materials. Thats a HUGE difference, and I don't believe its a good change for the future of the server

Edited by Tiburcio