Sign in to follow this  
Tiburcio

Dynamic rates based on ammount of online players

Dynamic rates based on ammount of online players  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Implement dynamic rates based on ammount of players online, being normal rates when a big ammount of players are online and higher rates when there are low ammount of players online

• Yes
    • No

Playing in a low rates server requires effort to achieve things, its even harder when equipment require a certain level of refine, and refines require items that sometimes are even harder to get than a card. Cards are also items that in a low rate server are not "Farmable" most of them are just a lucky roll that can be put to sell on market.

I love low rates servers and its cool to get a rare item or to level to 99 , and it seems very fair to not overflow the market with dozens of items, and to make the server last longer since players will have to hard work for their equipment. It works very well when the population of the server surpass the 1k players. But its quite unfair for a server with a low population like a private server, specially when you have to gather a party of 7 members to hunt harder monsters or do instances on hard.

So my suggestion is to apply dynamic rates inverselly proportional to the ammount of players online: 
-> Less players online = Increased EXP and DROP rates 
-> More players online = Normal EXP and Drop rates. 

For instance : Fixing 3x for 500 or more players online  and increasing it to up to 6x when are less than 100 players online. Or maybe increasing the rates by a logarithmic way, applying higher rates only for super low rate items like cards on normal monsters only, or even only increasing the instance drop and exp rates.... 

This feature will help the server to keep an active community, because players can get better rewards when there are low ammount of players online. Once they log in when few are players online,  they will indirectly help increasing the ammount of players online at that momment.

Edited by Tiburcio

Personally, I have never liked dynamic rates. I see no reason to make things easier. also, if in the near future the server would grow considerably, the only beneficiaries would be the oldest players and all those hypothetical new players would have nothing.

I feel dynamic rates aren’t the correct answer for this server, although the rates do need an adjustment. I believe Hades is already taking a look at the drop rates of items from champion mobs and adjusting them to be closer to kRO:z. Exp rate changes shouldn’t be needed in the future assuming the current Exp table from kRO:z is implemented. 

I do do agree however that the current state of r0 feels bad.

the main drawback for me on dynamic rates is that players who play primarily in prime time hours are at a huge disadvantage

Edited by Lukien

It's strange how people reject dynamic rates based on ammount of players online, which will only help to have an active community.  

#edit remove drama text

Edited by Tiburcio

I don't know... things are looking pretty grim for the server population right now. I really don't think this will result in any remarkable change.
Maybe @Hades should reconsider the donations for charity (just in the next few months) for advertisement or something like that... I know it's bad but I don't see any other way out.