Sign in to follow this  
Hades

Enriched Ores

Which options do you prefer to exchange enriched ores?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which options do you prefer to exchange enriched ores?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Other idea

Hi, it's time for the server to release them good fancy Enriched ores.

In official, these ores are cash ores, you need

1x basic ore + X gelstar + X zeny.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2d34b555a8a9e73788c1e9bbf3aa4596.png

The question is how do we do it in Ragna0?

I have no plans to make it cash related, so we have several options here:

Option 1:

• Enriched Oridecon: 1x Original + 1x Mithril + 1.500.000 zeny
  • Enriched Elunium: 1x Original + 1x Mithril + 1.500.000 zeny
  • HD Oridecon: 1x Enriched + 3.000.000 zeny
  • HD Elunium: 1x Enriched + 3.000.000 zeny

Option 2:

• Enriched Oridecon: 1x Original  + 3.000.000 zeny
  • Enriched Elunium: 1x Original + 3.000.000 zeny
  • HD Oridecon: 1x Enriched + 6.000.000 zeny
  • HD Elunium: 1x Enriched + 6.000.000 zeny

Any other ideas, you can leave a comment.

Suggestion: you could possibly increase the amount of Mithril and decrease the amount of zeny maybe to 500k~1 mil so that people party more for instances together to farm it (increase Mithril drop rates?)

Voted for option 2, however I feel the Zeny values to be far to high for a server as low pop as this. I would expect a fraction of that Zeny amount would suffice. 

@RogueZombie Mithril will be available on fever maps in a coming update and not strictly from instances.

• Like 2

I'd suggest increasing the amount of ori/elu needed while decreasing the zeny cost a bit, like 5 or 10 ori/elu for one enriched/HD.

I agree with Lukien that the zeny cost seems a bit much for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephcake said:

I'd suggest increasing the amount of ori/elu needed while decreasing the zeny cost a bit, like 5 or 10 ori/elu for one enriched/HD.

i agree with both

The mithril option is pretty bad, we barely get enough for gears, and future gears costs 5-10 mythril (Headgears).

I would vote for Option 2- something like x5-10 Oridecon + 500K-1M = 1Enriched/HD

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind here, safe to x certificates are not available here and are available in kRO:z as well as blacksmith blessings. I feel like just incorporating these items at the suggested prices would largely deter players from wanting to actively upgrade and progress their gear. Changes made to the upgrade system later on would be highly detrimental to the server economy so it needs to be done right in the first place. This is one of those instances where pricing things to high or to low could have a hugely negative impact on the server.

Here is my suggestion: decide on what is a fair price for a +9 piece of armor or lvl 4 weapon and adjust the price of Enriched and HD ores accordingly. Ignoring the item cost itself and the cost of actually using the upgrade NPC I would put a fair price for the ore cost needed to +9 a piece of gear to be around 50mil. Now assuming you are upgrading something that costs 2mil, and it takes an average of around 14-15 to get a +9 you are looking at somewhere around 80mil Zeny just in ore and item cost, toss in the upgrade NPC cost of 100k per attempt with HD and Enriched ore and it’s likely more like 90mil. 

I feel like this is a decent metric to base the cost on. As I am at work at the moment I do not have the ability to math out exactly how many Enriched or HD ore it would cost on average to get a +9 from +0 currently but I feel like placing the ore cost of a +9 piece of gear at around 50mil on average would suffice. Just need someone to run the numbers on the average number of ore needed. Then you can adjust the costs accordingly. Say it’s around 120 Enriched ore, the cost per Enriched would be around 415k. Not 100% sure on the numbers though as I said as I am at work and don’t have a spreadsheet in front of me to calculate it.

My suggested cost would be 500k+5 ori/elu due to the fact most people would risk items up to +4 without enriched unless it’s a very expensive item. 

edit: math is hard

edit2: forgot to mention, one of the key aspects in kRO:z are the options, so getting a piece of gear with the perfect options is going to cost a lot more then 2mil Zeny. Getting 14 of them to try for a +9 is going to be a expensive endeavour on its own. And that is not even including rolling enchants on a +9 expedition items for those sweet sweet class enchants. Can already see the complaints now about investing hundreds of millions of Zeny only to get a class enchant for a class that can’t use the item.

Edited by Lukien
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Stephcake said:

Agree with both.

1 play this server for 1 month, i have almost 7 characters level 80 and 800k on total. I dont want the server turn into a "Harpy bot-like grind fest" so i suggest the 2nd option but instead of 3.000.000 zeny + 1 ore, 1.000.000 zeny + 10 ores per example. 

Voted for option 2 just because Mithril is so rare and it's needed for basically everything endgame related such as blacksmith and expedition gears.
However, I do agree with people above me, the price is too expensive.

3 million zeny is equal to almost 100 Oridecon (right now,) which means that it would very likely just be cheaper to spam refine than to make an enriched ore lol. 1 mil + more ores seems a lot more suitable

Did the math, number of enriched ore to get from 0-+9 is 102.85 or 103. For the sake of argument let’s assume most people will be using normal ore for the almost safe refine levels (80%/90%) that would require 45.8 or 46 enriched ore to go the rest of the way. The trade off here would be the number of items required would increase from a average of 14.26 to around 25. Want to farm up 50m zeny for ore? Or 11 more items with decent enough options to try and +9?

With how important enriched ore are in kRO:z I feel like we would be doing this server a huge disservice having the price even at 1mil. 

Assuming the price is started at 1mil per enriched: let’s say you are making on average 2mil zeny/h (which is about double what most people are making currently). That would be 50 hours of farming zeny to pay just for the ore for 1 +9. 

Something I feel people don’t realize is classes in kRO:z are balanced around having fairly easy access to +9 gear, with the cap being +20. +9 in kRO:z is what many of us old school players would recognize as +7 gear in a classic server, it’s decent but it’s not the end game target. +9 needs to be accessible to the average player, not just no lifers putting in 50 hours a week like a second job. Hell, now that I write this down, I think my previous price suggestion of 500k +5 ore is even to high. 100k+1 ore would be more in line with the kRO:z model and even then it would be more expensive then kRO:z

Edit: something to keep in mind, a picture was posted in discord by Hades of a +10 jewel shield on kRO:z for 11mil. At 100k+ore that would be a severely under priced item on this server. The number of shields alone to make a +9 would be over 11mil.

Edited by Lukien
  • Like 1

For people acepting 3m for an enriched ore

This screenshot was taken from kRO:Zero:

image.png.1e46544524d0a0b5171f7a8e2299b748.png

• Like 3

Thank you all for participating!

I seems most wants to spend pure ZENY than "extra item".

Also the zeny is too high is heard and expressed by MANY.

The new decision plan is

Enriched Ore:

• 5x Original + 500k zeny

HD Ore:

• 1x E. Ore + 750k Zeny
  • Like 7