RogueZombie

Double XP Weekends!? Nani?!

Double XP Weekend  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have double XP on weekends?

• Yes
    • No

Double XP Weekends!? Nani?!

• Leveling
  • Content
    • Idea description:
      • I suggest that we have double XP on weekends.
    • Why is it good?
      • This would be awesome for the server because it would encourage our community to play on weekends which could help it grow even more popular! With the recent loss of the +30% bonus from the New Server Event, leveling just feels even worse. It is very difficult to access later content like Expedition Gear, Hard Mode Instances etc. when a lot of us are working adults and don't have the luxury* to grind levels 5 out of 7 days of the week. In the interest of all community members present and future I recommend implementing this mechanism both to attract new players and to retain the interest of existing ones in ragna0 🙂
    • How urgent is this rate 1-10:
      • 6-8
    • Will it affect our economy?
      • No
    • Will it affect any of our core systems?
      • In a positive way, it will help friends, parties and guilds tap into the core system of expedition gears once they have higher level characters.
    • If we deny it, what might happen?
      • Unsure
    • If we accept it, who does it benefit the most?
      • Members of the community that find it difficult to grind Mon - Fri
    • You promise that this idea is for the better of the server in whole: 
      • I promise
    • Other inputs:
      • Please take this idea into consideration, weekend leveling would be a lot more enjoyable and sought after so that we can make many more friends to play with!
  • Like 2

It sounds nice in theory, but what usually happens when servers do this is that parties completely die during the week because it's not as efficient as during the weekends.

So that's a no from me.

we should have floating rates to encourage people to party up and farm on both weekends and weekdays, I agree with steph that the server will die during the weekdays. So we should come up with an alternate solution like double exp every 5th, 10th, 15th,20th,25th,30th of the month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April said:

we should have floating rates to encourage people to party up and farm on both weekends and weekdays, I agree with steph that the server will die during the weekdays. So we should come up with an alternate solution like double exp every 5th, 10th, 15th,20th,25th,30th of the month.

There's a version of floating rates activated by players for like a day, through paying zeny to the npc - which would both be a zeny sink and unpredictable (hence not killing parties when it's not on).

I got work during the week and usually don't find time to play during weekdays. I can only try to play the catch up game on the weekend. So I support this. Don't wanna spend 12 months just to reach a level, where players that can always play within a few weeks.

other people like myself had varying work days, so weekends are not always amenable for us. Hades can probably host events or give a whole week of increased rates. probably announced ahead of time so people can plan for it.

and yeah that will kill partying on weekdays at most

• Like 1

After contemplating this topic for a while, I feel the need to partially change my previous position.

Double EXP on weekends now seems like too much of a difference in relation to week days, which would, as some have stated, ruin parties from Monday to Friday.

That being said, I still think there should be some kind of EXP Event during weekends, preferably starting Friday night and ending at the last minute of Sunday.

Such event, though, should give us an experience bonus not higher than 50%, floating to as low as 25 or 30%. Besides, it should also depend on zeny donations from players to be activated.

I just don't appreciate the idea of having once a week or once a month floating rates that can be activated any time, for someone might simply donate on a Monday, for instance, and hinder most players from enjoying the increased experience rates when they actually have the time to play.

No, players will only play on weekends.

This happens in a lot of servers, players enters just on weekends to level, other days server is a desert. Pretty much like "BG Happy hours", 200 players on happy hour, 0 on normal rates.

• Like 1

This would effectively kill any partying during the week. For those players who can’t play on weekends due to work or other reasons this would be detrimental. Absolutely should not be implemented.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hades said:

@Tiburcio, I think your idea is better?

Floating rates depends on "online" players.

The more players online, the higher rates goes.

You could make that topic? 

@Hades I created that but some players dont want to deppend on another variables like online players, they just want to benefit only when they can be online like on weekends etc, they dont think on server health overall.

As I said increasing the rates while less players are online will indirectly raise the ammount of players online because everyone wants to get a bonus exp, even if no one is online. But as soon people start to think that way and login to get benefit from more exp, no more "Desert hours" will hapen unlike the "Double exp weekend" where people will just abandon server from Mon - Fri and just play on saturday with parties like "Recruiting only 1hit kill for MEGA EXP PARTY ON DOUBLE XP EVENT!!! Got Bard and Dancer for mr kim!!! 1minute afk = Kick!! No dmg = Kick!!"

My topic about dynamic rates based on players online is open on suggestion board

3 minutes ago, GeneralBlue said:

I think you guys should just play Yugioh.

Double EXP yugioh event.

seriously though. these are server killing ideas. just as bad, the floating rates will KILL this server.

its almost exactly the same as the double EXP weekend.

Edited by vashuyasha
  • Like 1