Sign in to follow this  
Stephcake

Increase chat delay for #recruit

Longer chat delay for #recruit  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a longer chat delay for #recruit?

• Yes, 2 minutes
    • Yes, 5 minutes
    • Yes, some other time
    • No

To prevent this:

image.png.059af5887c923fd2457be555d835bf7b.png

(They've started spamming it with more than one person at higher frequency after being asked to calm down with the spam, fyi.)

For more reference, this is the entirety of the chat since I started typing up this post:

image.png.5f913a44d42a242286bd47555539d32e.png

The likelihood of the classes in question suddenly appearing one minute to the next are so low, a 5 minute delay would work just as well.

(Also: this isn't a report, but a good example of something I've seen happen a few times now)

Edited by Stephcake

I did make the report as its clearly something that should be against the rules, it doesnt matter how much delay you add if you allow people to spam with multiple characters, even then 5min delay sounds more than reasonable

This may be a ridiculous idea, but how about if Global/Recruit/Trade would cost zeny per message sent? And implement the chat delay only in Help?

I don't think #help should have a delay, since actual conversations with follow ups happen there, whereas #trade and #recruit is just putting your message out there and waiting for whispers in response.

I'm also pretty sure a zeny cost 1. wouldn't stop the spam and 2. would probably be hard to code, whereas the delay is already part of the channel system.