ReiGNboW

Cash Shop Addition: Costume Tickets

Cash Shop Addition: Costume Tickets  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this implemented?

• Yes!
    • No :(

• Idea description:
      • Implementing the ability to purchase "Costume Ticket" or "Costume Ticket Box" from the cash shop for XXX coins, but make them untradeable.
    • Why is it good?
      • Will make people be able to make their characters look great without having to hope for RNG from event coins, and helping the server with more donations resulting in more money for charity! (what could possibly be negative about that)
    • How urgent is this rate 1-10:
    • Will it affect our economy?
      • Not really. If they are made untradeable it won’t affect economy at all.
    • Will it affect any of our core systems?
      • Negative
    • If we deny it, what might happen?
      • People will look awful, for a longer period of time.
    • If we accept it, who does it benefit the most?
      • The people supporting the server by donations, and all the charitys ^^
    • You promise that this idea is for the better of the server in whole: 
      • Yes
    • Other inputs:
      •  
Edited by ReiGNboW
Steph gave me some good input
  • Like 1

I'd much rather make them less rare in the event lottery. There's a reason you can only get garment costumes in the cash shop, and that's so everyone has the same chance of getting them.

Also: you would either have to make current costume ticket boxes untradable (as is everything else in the cash shop) or create a separate cash shop one. Either way, you'd end up with untradable costumes - since that's how our cash shop works, for good reason.

If you put normal costume ticket boxes in the cash shop, you'd attach an inherent money price to them, and sooner or later the entire economy revolves around that; I've seen it happen over and over again.

Tl;dr: instead of adding them to the cash shop, increase the chance of getting them through event coins.

• Like 3

Id much more rather see a new version of them being added to the cash shop then, thats untradeable. Its not to fluctuate the economy, just to get guys like me to look like we want to. 

Edited the main post. I agree with the previous solution would affect the economy, and I don’t want that. 

Edited by ReiGNboW

I'll just go ahead and reiterate that it's very much intended that you can't buy any costumes other than garment ones; that was a deliberate choice.

Having all other costumes accessible only through events gives everyone, regardless of money, the same chance of getting them - plus, they're tradable this way. With how rare they currently are, they most likely won't be sold, but you can swap them between accounts at least.

We probably will add a new NPCs, which will allow donors to obtain weekly selected Costume hats (not tradeable). The costume hats are existing ones, meaning the costume hats that is available for None Donors.