Sign in to follow this  
D.u.n.g.e.o.n

Why are we punishing parting in instances ?

Should we change the way prizes scale with party members ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the way prizes scale with party members ?

• No
    • Yes, I like sugestion #1
    • Yes, I like sugestion #2
    • Yes, I have another sugestion

• Context:
    • The way the instance system is set up at the moment you get less prizes with each more member ina  party, that seems couter productive to a comunity based game like Ragnarok. We should be encouraging party forming and communication but the system is benefiting solo behavior. A example of it is how Poring Vilalge is run, people make lvl 60 alts in specific classes that have a better time soloing it so they can get 3 jellos a day, whereas a full party would get 10 jellos divided by everyone (2 people would get nothing).
  • Idea description:
    • I'd like to propose a change to the reward system, my 2 proposed solutions are:
      • The prize is always the same regardless of party size, so in the case of Poring Village 3 jellos to each member.
      • The prize gets bigger the more people in the party.
  • Why is it good?
    • It would make the game more focused on groups and the social part of the game would emerge.
  • How urgent is this rate 1-10:
  • Will it affect our economy?
    • No effect
  • Will it affect any of our core systems?
    • No effect
  • If we deny it, what might happen?
    • People will keep soloing every instance they are able to
  • If we accept it, who does it benefit the most?
    • The server will be more social and people will need to interact with other players
  • You promise that this idea is for the better of the server in whole: 
    • I feel strongly that it is.
Edited by D.u.n.g.e.o.n
  • Like 1

Will it affect our economy?

Immensely! Increasing the amount of item rewards in instances means that a lot more of those items will be available to the open market, hence reducing their value. (People are currently not trading those items as much because everyone is just trying things out and hoarding items)

You're not wrong but you're also not right! Just picture yourself soloing Endless Tower in any server... hard task right? This should be the same scenario in here.

People are soloing dungeons right now because THEY CAN, it's easy and convenient, which should not be happening unless you have some serious end-game stuff.
Just make it so it's not brain-dead easy and we'll see a lot of improvement on party grouping and item value.

If instances are soloable, increasing the reward will only result in people putting more slaves inside it, not recruiting other people.