Sign in to follow this  
Lukien

Footwear option should be Crit chance vs Race, not %Damage reduction

Footwear options  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should the racial reductions on footwear be changed to Crit Chance like kRO:z

• Yes, footwear options should be changed to crit Chance.
    • No, leave racial reductions on footwear.

Posted (edited)

As per kRO:z, footwear from champion mobs should be dropping with Crit Chance vs X race, not % Damage reduction as it is currently. Having % damage reduction on footwear allows players currently to reach as high as 97% damage reduction vs demi human with current gear (and combat knife but who knows when one will be made). This is a balance issue and should be addressed as soon as possible. It should also be noted that by changing footwear to Crit Chance vs X Race it will open up many builds that are currently under performing: Crit sin, DD crit sin, Battle Smith, Spear Crusader, 2HQ Knight and basically any auto attack based build which relies on Crit. I would also suggest if possible (although I dont know if it is or not...) to change current gear to Crit chance vs race as to prevent the abuse of current gear later on. Simply making them account bound would not suffice, (I currently have a few pairs of footwear with % racial reductions including demi human, and I want this change...).

A Translated source for the options: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Froz.gnjoy.com%2FGameInfo%2FgameIntroductionSystem.asp%23system4

edit: added a poll

Edited by Lukien

I think race resist is okay, but I hope Demi-Human not mean Player too. The Script for player is RC_Player and in renewal Demi Human and Demi Human Monster was a big different 

3 hours ago, Canon019 said:

So kRO:Zero champions doesn't drop % race reduction?

Correct, on kRO:z footwear dropped by champion mobs is crit Chance vs a race, not damage reduction. You can however get racial damage reduction on footwear from fever fields as the third options, but that is max 7% and not the 20% we have now on champion dropped footwear.

The option guide Blain wrote is for this server. I believe he was one of the first people to actually mention that it was bugged and was supposed to be crit chance vs race.

1 hour ago, Lukien said:

The option guide Blain wrote is for this server. I believe he was one of the first people to actually mention that it was bugged and was supposed to be crit chance vs race.

Yes, when i translated it, i told hades that crit is on shoed and not racial res. 

My Guide is how it is on our Server.

Well the objective of the server is to be as close to kRO:z as possible, this seems like an oversight which needs to be changed in order to accomplish that objective.

42 minutes ago, Lukien said:

Well the objective of the server is to be as close to kRO:z as possible, this seems like an oversight which needs to be changed in order to accomplish that objective.

ThisIsFine.

Alternatively if it is not possible to remove the current % racial damage reduction footwear from the server it would likely be ideal to just add the crit vs race options in and dilute the pool. I don’t feel it would be proper to remove the racial % reductions and not remove the option from items already obtained. Worse would be to make them account bound as it would just give people who have them now a significant advantage in PvM.

Demi Human and Player Race is not the same in Random Opt scripts.

There are no player race random opts 🙂

This won't be an issue for PvP in the future.

Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, Hades said:

Demi Human and Player Race is not the same in Random Opt scripts.

There are no player race random opts 🙂

This won't be an issue for PvP in the future.

The issue isn’t strictly pvp. It makes a lot of PVE content trivial for anyone who accumulates a full set of damage reduction gear. Consider this: A steel body monk already has 90% damage reduction,  toss in 77% racial reduction which is currently accessible via fever armor, boots, garment and shield. This puts the total at 97.7% damage reduction before any other reductions come into effect such as elemental or headgear that reduces % reductions Vs race. Toss in 30% neutral reduction for a raydric and a fever armor with neutral resist, were now at a total damage reduction of 98.39. Without def, or any headgear. Even the hardest hitting mvps will tickle.

Edited by Lukien

8 minutes ago, Hades said:

Hmmm, not a decisive question.

But this is a suggestion to customize what kRO:z has to offer right? 

From what I understood from the thread, the currently implementation is not like it is in the official kRO:z

Officially Shoes only drops, and it's from Champion monsters:

image.thumb.png.2d2d264a569c884a479f7364163510eb.png

From Fever monsters the shoes has:
image.png.7ccc6e3c2c75419ddc34cf6c58c61464.png

If anything else, it's a bug report.

Currently in Ragna0 you can get up to 20% racial reduction on non fever footwear, and 7% on fever footwear. The 7% is correct in its implementation, the 20% however is not and should be crit chance vs race.

edit: I likely should have put this in as a bug report

screenRagna0027.jpg

Edited by Lukien

Hi.

We will correct this together with next patch including the wrong opts shoes that players has possessed.

Thanks, I will be closing this topic.