Sign in to follow this  
Anumati

Should we have the spawn rates reverted?

Spawn changes  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the monster spawns reverted back to normal.

• Yes.
    • No.

Posted (edited)

The changes to spawn rates (especially fields with low level monsters) were quite dramatic. It's not encouraging when I go to make a new character and I can't find monsters in a beginner field adjacent to prontera or Payon. It seems like Prontera fields were largely adjusted to a better place, but payon fields are still very empty. I can walk for multiple minutes searching for a single Greatest General and find nothing. It's almost as bad with Willows south of Payon. The field to the east of Payon (spore, wormtail, boa) also seems a bit too sparse.

Ultimately, I think that changing spawns is fine, but it seems like it's against the server's best interests when the changes most dramatically affect new players that are not established. A handful of the field quests (bigfoot kills for example) take so long due to the extremely low spawns that they're really not worth doing. I don't think it takes a full revert of the changes to fix this. There is a middle ground to be found, and I hope that the admins can find the time to make those changes sooner rather than later.

Edit: Saw a note on discord just now that says that the fields I mention (Payon) and others will be getting adjusted. Seems like it'll be resolved soon!

Edited by Kramer

I am ok with changes in spawns but nothing too drastic. not too much, not too low!