Stroheim

[Poll] Exp Table?

Which Exp table would you prefer?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Exp table would you prefer?

• Maintain current Exp Table (pre-Trans RO:Zero version)
    • Implement new Exp Table (current RO:Zero version)

Greetings 0nians,

A while ago we implemented the official [pre-Trans] Ro: Zero Exp table.

As you can see in the graph below, the [pre-Trans] Exp table has a steep increase in Exp required for Level 90 onwards.

It is quite difficult to reach Lv99 currently.

After Ro: Zero implemented Trans (Rebirth) classes and increased the Base Level cap up to 120, a new Exp table was adopted.

The new Exp table also has a steep increase in Exp required for Level 90 onwards, but not as high as the [pre-Trans] table.

This was implemented taking into account that players had to level up all over again after rebirthing on Ro:Zero.

Although we have yet to implement Trans (Rebirth) Classes, we are open to adopting the new Exp table if the community wishes so.

Hence we would like to invite our community to decide whether to maintain the current [pre-Trans] Ro: Zero Exp table, or implement the new Ro: Zero Exp table.

image.thumb.png.ee1d68feff0734bf0846b602a5b38a12.png

Here's a visual comparison of the [Pre-Trans] Exp table and the [Latest Zero] Exp table that we are open to implementation.

Our current Exp table is following the [Pre-Trans] version.

Posted (edited)

It makes sense to change the Exp Table when we get Rebirth, but not now.

One of the Main Goals of some players is ofc reaching 99, if they would reach it that fast they would lose motivation to play because there is not much to do. Ragnarok was always about the Journey.

And you wanna be as Official as possible, so keep the Exp Table till we get rebirth like KRo did.

Edited by Blain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blain said:

It makes sense to change the Exp Table when we get Rebirth, but not now.

One of the Main Goals of some players is ofc reaching 99, if they would reach it that fast they would lose motivation to play because there is not much to do. Ragnarok was always about the Journey.

And you wanna be as Official as possible, so keep the Exp Table till we get rebirth like KRo did.

Did Kro really change the exp table after rebirth launch? Thats weird. Nevertheless, i think i agree (tho i didnt decide yet)

3 hours ago, Stroheim said:

After Ro: Zero implemented Trans (Rebirth) classes and increased the Base Level cap up to 120, a new Exp table was adopted.

The new Exp table also has a steep increase in Exp required for Level 90 onwards, but not as high as the [pre-Trans] table.

This was implemented taking into account that players had to level up all over again after rebirthing on Ro:Zero.

Yes they added it when rebirth came

I voted to keep it, at least until Trans come's out. It doesn't bother me either way if we get it or not. 

Or we can vote to put Knights & Sader's on Currently Table and all other classes on the new one 😉 /gg Kappa

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I voted to change it. Here are my best points for why:

1) Knights/GC Saders get 7-10m exp/hr. The graph is a little weird but I know 96->97 is 140m exp.

Spoiler

pY00szy.png

It looks looks like 98->99 is 320m exp. Let's say 96->99 is  660m exp. That means 96->99 will take about 77 hours (660,000,000 / 8,500,000). No one wants to do that. The people that have done it, not on this server but others I'm sure also hated it. Yes, grinding in Ragnarok is the core of the experience but that doesn't mean it has to exist simply because that's how "it has always been". 

2) You are content locked when you have experience points. We really only have 3 things to do right now: instances, mvp, leveling/farming. No one wants to do instances or mvp with experience. Let people get to 99 faster or get to the next level faster so they may do them.

3) I think most people that want to keep the EXP table as it is think their is something to gain, some kind of reward that's worth all that time to get to 99. Well let me tell you, if you value them imaginary internet points for getting to 99 well then yep you gottem. Realistically, there's barely any difference between Lv. 90 and 99. Maybe a few hundred HP and 5% more damage output.

And finally, you supporters of keeping it as it is will not enjoy getting to 99 as it is. You will not have fun. 

Edited by Orduna
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure that as new patches come in there will be much better leveling fields and dungeons (like Amatsu). Changing the XP now seems quite pointless as we have no grasp on how fast we actually will be with decent gear and new maps. Not to mention the upcoming XP overhaul of mobs. You could remove the XP penalty of instances so people actually do them, though. Giving the mobs inside instances and especially the instance bosses some decent XP seems like a good idea as well. You're saying that there's no real difference between Lv. 90 and 99 and I agree, but there've been suggestion to improve that difference (Costume Tickets). It's much better when you have something to work towards long term than be satisfied short term and then quit. Once we have more content people will be able to appreciate gaining XP while gearing up, because it makes grinding gear a bit more rewarding.

Edited by Akadios

The whole issue with this "hard" EXP table is the lack of rewards and the extremely punishing death loss. As Orduna said, you to chose between leveling and doing other contents by freezing at 0% EXP due to the huge EXP losses post-90. No need to readjust the table itself, just the loss. Either by putting a maximum amount of EXP you can lose, reducing the % value after LV90, making life insurances more accessible or removing it completely from instanced dungeons. At same time, increasing the EXP rewards from them as mentioned above.

The loot reward changes at instances wasn't enough for PUGs to form, only really a couple static parties do them and considering how important mithril is for zero's endgame, I'm sure we'll need more adjustments.

My vote is to keep it like this until level cap is raised.

Posted (edited)

I think you should keep it as it is now, it should be a semi-hard thing to do to get 99, and its one of the few things we have to do right now. I'm proud I made it and it wasn't that hard 🙂 Looking at that chart it looks way too easy after, like I could smash that out in a couple days lol

Edited by impsy

Posted (edited)

I think it’s so unnecessary to change it , it’s fine how it is , if it’s not broken ; don’t fix it !! >.<

Edited by Chanaya

Posted (edited)

For context, the pretrans kroz exp table was still in use even after trans was added. Trans was added in Dec 2018. The exp table for non trans pretty much stayed the same except for minor adjustments. Pretrans exp table wasn’t changed until June or July 2019 in kroz.

The nontrans exp table was reduced to match the trans exp table 1-99. Iirc, you need about 1/3 to 1/2 the total required exp for nontrans 1-99. 

From 1-70 iirc, the exp remained the same after the change so the early 1st job grind didn’t change. The levels following that had a flatter curve similar to image above.

The change also affects the extended classes. So ninjas/kagerou/Oboro have the same 1-120 exp table as trans classes 1-120.

Edited by water

As I said on Discord earlier today,

i'm in favor of the new exp table because classes that have it easy leveling will reach 99 in no time anyway exp table or not, and they already MVP fairly easily anyway so it's not like it'll change much for them. then no more fear of losing exp too, which makes me pretty reluctant to do instances currently. it'll still take me a while to get to 99 anyway, but at least i'll stand a fair chance at it. i'd even be happy with just being stuck at 96/97 for a while 😂 and sure equipment will change a lot of how things are, but it's not like there there isn't anything to do after 99. i find that it opens up the field a lot as to how you hunt, since it's not just about finding the best exp per hour you can while trying to maximize any profits you can i'd say since you can take the exp part out of the equation finally. 😀 and yeah i could just stop caring about leveling right now too, and basically do that, but i AM a grinder and planning to get there eventually. it's basically my post for when i'll consider having reached my first major achievement 🙂 . and right now it seems so, so far away hahah. if it didn't, then i could dedicate a week or two to getting those last couple of feet but rn i still feel like months away even if i were to play 4 hours a day maximizing exp. my 2 cents. as an assassin. 🙂

I do believe it certainly should be a challenge, and an fairly major accomplishment, but right now it's basically disgruntling ... as a player of one of the classes that aren't currently very high tier/high demand at least. As for the equipment and zone changes coming soon, time will tell... 🙂

Edited by Ciel Noir
  • Like 1